York YCAS 0783 Oil Temp Sensor

Hi All,
    Can anyone offer some advice??

I have got an Oil Temp Sensor failure on a York YCAS 0783 Chiller.

The sensor is "screwed" into the oil return line to the Compressor.

Is there any special considerations to changing out this sensor

Please Help if you can......................

If your familiar with the micro go into the program and set the low pressure cutout to 5 psig then go to the liquid line service valve close that then select the compressor that you want to start by selecting the toggle switch for the compressor you want to run start it up watch your suction pressure on micro once its pumped down shut it down on toggle so you can run other compressors if need be close ball valve on oil return line then suction then discharge valves put refrigeration hose with shut off valve on oil filter cap fitting drain crack slowly and relieve pressure and drain oil into bucket leave open remove oil temp sensor after installed close hose on filter cap then slowly crack oil return line to put pressure back into line then close back up then relieve once more thru your hose you can open ball valve once more check your work if no leaks open all valves which were closed and put compressor back in service don't forget to ajust your low pressure cutout. hope that helps
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

You know that your M/N doesn't look correct after looking closer at your post which tends me to believe this is BS
    mud.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !

Hi York56,
    Thanks for the info.....

Much appreciated

Kind Regards

Shovell

Hey guys,

Its been awhile since I've seen one of these oil temp sensors but I'm picturing it installed on a standard 1/4" access fitting on the stainless steel looking oil line. Is there a schrader fitting in the access fitting? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    If your familiar with the micro go into the program and set the low pressure cutout to 5 psig then go to the liquid line service valve close that then select the compressor that you want to start by selecting the toggle switch for the compressor you want to run start it up watch your suction pressure on micro once its pumped down shut it down on toggle so you can run other compressors if need be close ball valve on oil return line then suction then discharge valves put refrigeration hose with shut off valve on oil filter cap fitting drain crack slowly and relieve pressure and drain oil into bucket leave open remove oil temp sensor after installed close hose on filter cap then slowly crack oil return line to put pressure back into line then close back up then relieve once more thru your hose you can open ball valve once more check your work if no leaks open all valves which were closed and put compressor back in service don't forget to ajust your low pressure cutout. hope that helps
    You could have gone and done it for him in less time than it took to write this service bulletin...............

Quote Originally Posted by chillerguy81 View Post
    Hey guys,

Its been awhile since I've seen one of these oil temp sensors but I'm picturing it installed on a standard 1/4" access fitting on the stainless steel looking oil line. Is there a schrader fitting in the access fitting? Thanks.
    Naahhh, it's a threaded sensor installed in a sweat x sweat x threaded steel tee. It is on the steel oil line going to the top of the compressor.

Thats right.
    mud.

10-4 on the no schrader, 56 thanks for the detailed post thats good stuff. I kinda figured with your description there was no schrader but just wanted to clarify that. One of our salesman needs to quote an oil temp sensor replacement and had asked me about it. Thanks again guys.