Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its a double wall pipe. The back of the instructions would have some drawings of it.

You would have to take a picture.

Usually if the pipe is as wrong as you make it sound the fireplace would not even run.

Didn't you already try the bag trick, taping a bag over the term cap to see if it would help, and it did not? Taking it a step further, while you have the cap off you can jam some rags in then vent when its cold outside and see if that stops the air coming in. If it does not stop, you have just eliminated the vent (which I think we did once already).

I may not have given the bag trick adequate time. The leak is really dependant on winds out of the west directly on to the back of the house.

What I do have is a single pipe not a double walled pipe per the manual. I found an authorized repair shop locally who is coming out Thursday. We will go from there.

Problem solved

Didn't mean to leave this thread hanging. Long story made short, I called Van's Gas in Kenosha, WI following suggestions from Heatilator. Scott, owner of Van's crawled into the attic and found air paths from attic to fireplace chase. He opened the chase from the outside, did an incredible job of sealing and repairing the chase. All is well and no leaks.

Anyone from SE WI with a leaking direct vent FP, call Van. Highly recommend.

Woah! I can't beleive Van is getting shout out on this forum! I agree with Chalky, call Van the man, I can't give the full number but if you look up the area code i think it's (***) 4396710

Cool

If you have single walled pipe on that fireplace shut it down and do NOT burn it as is! That would be an extreme fire hazard. If it has an elbow venting downhill or below horizontal, ditto. Sounds like you may have a construction defect case on your hands. You should have a pro who is familiar with the HL product line perform a Level III internal inspection. I personally know JTP and he would be qualified to perform this inspection. Or you could pay me to fly out and do it.

Thanks

I am not quite sure if I can figure out the Van mans 262 number but I will definately be giving him a shout tomorrow as my fireplace continues to drive me crazy. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12