Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just remember that when layoffs start, they will cut the non revenue generating people first. Look at who the big companies have laid off or given huge pay cut to during the bad economy. Most are management, office, etc. If you are not bringing in revenue, you risk being cut. They don't normally cut techs, sales, etc because they are bringing in money or 100% commission.

I've held that position for a couple of brands and would do it again for the right incentive. There is no sales involved. If anything, a tech rep is often considered to be anti-sales because you must abide by set warranty policies when a sales rep wants you to fudge the data to appease the contractor.

It's steady work. You'll always be behind because there is always more work then one person can handle and they will not hire more because you are overhead. The good part is that you will be necessary overhead.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

So I had my phone interview with the head of technical support, last night. I think it went real well. We where on the phone for two and half hours. Next phone interview is HR. I'll let you know how it goes.

Still in the game, that a good thing. maybe the want new blood and a fresh view. wonder what they want to hear to seal the deal.

Maybe your being from the outside could be a plus.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Still in the game, that a good thing. maybe the want new blood and a fresh view. wonder what they want to hear to seal the deal.

Maybe your being from the outside could be a plus.
    So I had my phone interview with HR. Wow, totally different experience. 20 minute scripted interview. She mostly asked about formal HVAC schooling and formal computer schooling.

What eats me, is I have no formal HVAC or computer schooling. But the two things I know the most about and are good at, is HVAC and computers.

I tried to tell her my story, why I didn't ever have formal schooling, but that was just answered with "ok".

She will be talking with the district manger this week, and I'll find out if I'm still a candidate.

Hopefully it went better than I think it did.

Interviews almost always go better then we think they did. Keep a positive attitude.

So I find out I lost the job tonight. I was told my experience, certifications, and back ground was second to none. But they found I candidate that had more experience teaching experience and he excepted.

And I guess I can say now. It was Lennox. There Philly district.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    So I find out I lost the job tonight. I was told my experience, certifications, and back ground was second to none. But they found I candidate that had more experience teaching experience and he excepted.

And I guess I can say now. It was Lennox. There Philly district.
    Lennox, huh? From what I've experienced from the Lennox management attitude, you may have just dodged a bullet.

It was the Lennox guys who went to Goodman was the reason for my leaving Goodman. What an arrogant bunch those guys are.

Your tag line, "poor planning does not...." this describes the status quo of most service companies to a tee! The less of this nonsense, the more desirable a place it is to work.

Bummer,
    still you got a job and some good interview experience, no harm there loss.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    I sat down with the regional manager. We talked for almost 2 hours. After really finding out what this job entails, I think it's up my alley. (It's mostly technical training)

I had to submit a resume. (lol....never had one.....always got my jobs from word of mouth) I just got a call from HR, to setup a over the phone interview.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm up against 5 others that already kinda work for the company. I'm the outsider that got his foot in the door, because of who I know.
    If you told me that you needed help with a resume, I would of helped you out. I knew you were not talking about your wife that day, I just wanted you to ask me for help, I would help you with it if you would like. Just let me know.
    Ride hard on a Harley!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12