+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gasp! A Goodman job!

Post Likes
    Disclaimer: I didn't put this here because it is a special job. I just wanted to give Robo's heart a little stress test when he sees we put in a Goodman product!

The old GUN had a split heat exchanger faceplate, rusted shut burners and a very rusty cabinet due to condensate leaks. The supplier gave us some off a new one so we stayed with a Goodman. Seems like a nice unit. Was a bit of a pain since flue, intake, gas & drains all come out the left side. Hard to install the trap with the return there too. Otherwise, clean furnace, easy to install & service. Easy to flip the inducer around.

Post Likes

Loonie

Nice changout. Is the red furnace switch plate required where you are? Notice some zoning going on there too.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    Why didn't you run the coil drain into the same floor drain as the furnace condensate? That long piece of 3/4 pvc is just waiting to get kicked and broken.

Post Likes
    nice job!!!!! you fab all your stuff ? f.y.i. beware of steel prices. add a little to bids. flats went up 12% this week and our pipe and fittings mfg. send notice about 10-15 % we are all in here to make a living hope this helps. also troll-a- temp zone ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    Answers:

No, the red cover plate isn't required. No inpsections, no permits, anything goes.

Good question on the A/C drain. Doesn't make sense to me either. I'll ask!

All metal done on the job. On this job, just a 4" transition on top of the furnace. I got the message about rising prices, so far hasn't hit yet. Yes, an OLD Trol-a-temp panel but not causing any trouble.

Post Likes
    I see your two favorite things...the chair and the instructions....which I enlarged and read:

This goes here..and dis goes there....Tighten this about yay much....Put white pipe over dere....

Nice job....that a/c pvc....you gotta xxplain that. Also, no vent on it. Will it drain properly?

Post Likes
    Hey look!
    A Goodman plastic surgery job!

Musta been one good surgeon to make it look so decent.

Robo will be so happy! Make sure he finds out after he gets back from his honyemoon with Big Union Cleaning Mama.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in