Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I live in South Carolina
    Post Likes

    Temperature Probe

    I have a Fluke 787 and with it I have a temp probe as an accessory. Does anybody use this probe with their fluke for taking temperatures in the lines to establish super heat/ sub cool. It looks like it may be accurate enough. I also have a thermocouple that goes with it but it doesn't look like it has the accuracy needed.

    Can you recommend a temp probe for around $100.00 to measure temp/wet bulb ??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Western PA
    Post Likes
    Until I bought my Digicools, I used 2 K type thermocouples with a pair of Fluke 52-2 thermometers to do superheat and subcooling readings.

    I think the standard bead type probes are pretty cheap and plenty accurate enough for most work.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    las vegas
    Post Likes
    after talkjng to doug & getting his input on the k type vs. the k couple i ordered a cooper with the thermisters & my readings are within 1 deg. of each other,
    . was never able to get the k couples to agree with each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.