+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heat Wave!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Heat Wave!!

Well, it was 24 below zero this mornin when I went to work. Wowee zowee! It's a balmy 8° out!!! It feels so warm right now!!! Crazy huh? Any of you Texans complainin about 35 degrees..... well, I'm not listnin! -24 is bitter painfull cold. Had to unload a truckload of sheetmetal. OUCH! Fingertips are still stingin!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Yea, It was +84 F at my house today. I dont think I will survive tonight.

Post Likes
    It was a cool 72 this mornin.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    -6 with the wind chill in the Texas Panhandle this morning...had to do two ice machine installs, and the new plastic drain fittings manitowoc is apparently using do not like the cold...*Crack!*

And just to clarify, no the machines weren't install outside, but they did experience a cold hour-long ride on the trailer to the job sites.
    Last edited by MalcolmHinkleRefrig; 12-09-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Clarification

Post Likes
    -24° was straight up temp. We dont even do wind chill here, who would listen?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    It got down to -teens here last night, not exactly super bitter cold, but since it's the 1st time of winter it's been that cold... it was plenty cold enough! It's around 0 now, and like you said, feels pretty dang warm out!

Worst for me was working in the North East part of SD last year, woke up to a -42 deg temp with a stiff breeze (I think wind chill was like 60-70 below), got up to -25 that day, van ran all day and the temp needle barely was off the peg. Man I was praying it wouldn't start that morning!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    I never noticed we are neighbors. I bet Rapid can get purdy cold!!
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    10 degrees with sustained 25 m.p.h.wind, sheltered inside a blower changing sheave, my Veto was burred in a snow drift with in 5 minutes.

Post Likes
    We lucked out and had 0 wind during the last cold snap. Thats what really drives it in and causes deaths and damage.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    Well, it was 24 below zero this mornin when I went to work. Wowee zowee! It's a balmy 8° out!!! It feels so warm right now!!! Crazy huh? Any of you Texans complainin about 35 degrees..... well, I'm not listnin! -24 is bitter painfull cold. Had to unload a truckload of sheetmetal. OUCH! Fingertips are still stingin!
    You meant TEXICANS.....

Post Likes

Post Likes
    and today its supposed to hit 32 f

Post Likes
    You got to love it when you go outside in the morning and take a deep snort of fresh air.......and your nose freezes shut.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in