+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: York YTK Manual

Post Likes

York YTK Manual

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for a York YTK?

Post Likes
    More info is needed, full model and serial number would help. There is many manuals for many Yt's.

Post Likes
    As Buck said, a YTK what? If you want service lit on centrifugal chillers, you also need to put something in your profile about who you are and what you do. Gives the rest of us a warm fuzzy feelin'..............

Post Likes
    As someone once told me help me help you.
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    Do you know the axial thrust on the low speed for a YDTL 108?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ03122 View Post
    Yes.

Post Likes
    What's the answer?

Post Likes
    What's the answer?
    Look at post #3 in this thread. Then go and pick out a few personal profiles of members, myself included if you'd like, see what's in them, and then tell all of us about you. I doubt seriously that you are a beginner or handyman if you know what axial thrust is, but if you're new here, be kind enough to indulge the rest of us with some of your history if you want answers to questions about large-tonnage equipment. It's only fair.

A question to the keepers of the forum: When is the "Chiller" section going to be put under the pro heading???

Post Likes
    I don't know.... strikes me as a little weird you only want that measurement. Get a teardown manual, that'll tell you ALL the proper mic readings.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    I don't know.... strikes me as a little weird you only want that measurement. Get a teardown manual, that'll tell you ALL the proper mic readings.
    The reason I only needed that answer was because its not in the manual.I was able to figure it out.By the way gentleman I updated my profile.Sorry I skipped it earlier,it was not my intentions.

Post Likes
    The reason I only needed that answer was because its not in the manual.I was able to figure it out.By the way gentleman I updated my profile.Sorry I skipped it earlier,it was not my intentions.
    Now you have me interested.

So what is the specs. on the thrust?

Post Likes
    Interests me, too. This isn't an equation, it's a factory construction tolerance. How did you figure it out?

Post Likes
    You're right.I just happen to find other teardown manuals on the previous compressor model and matched it against the compressor I just overhauled.Had to match all parts and so on.But thanks anyways.I'm here to help anyone.I'm willing to share my brains."Sharing is Caring"

Post Likes
    You're right.I just happen to find other teardown manuals on the previous compressor model and matched it against the compressor I just overhauled.Had to match all parts and so on.But thanks anyways.I'm here to help anyone.I'm willing to share my brains."Sharing is Caring"
    So if you don't mind me asking what is the spec. on the thrust?

Post Likes
    Its kind of sad I must give the answer to my own questio..010"-.014" Thanks guys!!

Post Likes
    Its kind of sad I must give the answer to my own questio..010"-.014" Thanks guys!!
    Hey thanks for the info. I was just curious since you brought it up. If I never teardown another York it will be fine with me.

With me being a lowly Trane Teardown Mech. I haven't had to worry about thrust specs. on a regular basis in quite a while.(still the stray sidewinder or double ender but in my area most have been replaced with CVHE\F.

Post Likes
    Glad you found your answer because those spec's do vary with different compressor M/N's
    A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.

The best part of going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Post Likes
    I thought the clearance for the low speed was .011" to .019" for ydtl 108 thru 144 size compressors. I have all tolerances if needed.

Post Likes

Don't be trying to throw a guilt trip on anyone. You would have gotten all the help you could stand if folks had known who they were talkin' to. I doubt very seriously that you freely hand out information to people that you don't know from Adam's housecat just because they ask for it. If you do, you're a lot more trusting than most.

Post Likes
    I told you they were in there! Axial play, is how they have it worded. The manual I looked at is YTH/YDTH 108, 120, & 126. Little earlier style than what you called for mics wouldn't quite be the same. Like York56 said each model # is a little different. Welcome to the site!
    Last edited by txhvac; 12-17-2009 at 06:03 AM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in