Chiller Training Material

I was reading a post about this last week, and due to the lack of OEM training here, I am trying to locate some suitable training materials for screw and centrifugal chillers. Also Absorption machines and NH3 would be good.

On the post I read, a number of members mentioned they may have something. I have lots of Carrier product training materials, most of Trane's manuals but no training slides. I lost my York materials (except the manuals) when I left.

I am quite willing to make what I have available from Carrier (mainly powerpoint training slides) and Turbocor in return.

Thanks
    A problem shared is a problem halved

post up anything u got i been getting tossed into chillers latlyand would love any training anyone has

Years ago mcquay, carrier etc use to have VHS tapes as training lit, maybe you can find some but where i donno.

McQuay has some real good booklets on chiller system fundamentals on their site
    Look under the "Literature Search", and put in "Systems".
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

--An after thought, why the heck don't you guys who want to learn offer to ride along as a helper for some of these guys who really know their stuff. You may have to sign some waver such as if you drop dead it's not the contractors fault but I'm sure it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    --An after thought, why the heck don't you guys who want to learn offer to ride along as a helper for some of these guys who really know their stuff. You may have to sign some waver such as if you drop dead it's not the contractors fault but I'm sure it's possible.
    Not sure how the logistics would work out, or if any companies would even allow it, but that's a great idea. Two things common to anybody doing chiller work: they can always use a hand and they love to teach.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

I thought about that myself. I would love to have a chiller school just to train guys for this part of the market. Of coarse thats what we are doing anyway, the profit just comes from the customer. If I could figure out how to get paid by employers for guys out of the school I would have it licked. Sounds fun though!
    "Dying aint much, its living thats hard." (Josey Whales)

Smile

chiller mechanic want to be give e-mail and let's talk!!!!

I'm a newb here and will be working on/maintaining chillers this Spring. I've a very basic hvac training level, and want to get caught up as best as I can before the heating season starts here in MN. So any links on chillers, towers, basic maintenance and pm procedures would be a big help. I'll have help from my Co "experts" but want to at least be on the same field when we start talking turkey.

What brand(s)

the only way to learn refrigeration, industrial refrigeration, chillers , controls etc is to work on it , work your way up slowly, make mistakes , learn from them , of course reading applicaion and oem`s essential , the key is finding a company that will put some faith in you and giving 100% merry xmas stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    the only way to learn refrigeration, industrial refrigeration, chillers , controls etc is to work on it , work your way up slowly, make mistakes , learn from them , of course reading applicaion and oem`s essential , the key is finding a company that will put some faith in you and giving 100% merry xmas stan
    I agree and someone did put faith in me, so I'm doing research before I dig in in a few Months. Merry Xmas to you and yours !!!

We have two units one is a Thrane, I'll have to look closer for the brand on the other unit.

I can only speak for the way it works here. The only way to learn is exposure to equipment. The only real way to get exposure to the equipment is with an OEM. This also gives exposure to the literature and materials. If you want training here, then you have to travel overseas for it. It used to be done here, but all the factories have been closed down because it's cheaper to make the machines overseas. Luckily I'm a Brit so had the training before I came here, but refreshers mean a long trip. We are turbocor service partners as well so get a good degree of exposure to those.
    A problem shared is a problem halved