I hate snow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate snow!

I hate snow!

I hate snow. I don't know why do I stay here and suck it up each winter. the van was all over the road today. We got to do a heat pump yesterday in the snow shower. 2T 14.5 Seer coleman warranty replacement. yeah, very nice. dragging the thing up the hill to the side of the house when it's snowing and two inches of snow jam the dolly solid. then trying to run the thing in cooling so it would take some extra refridgerant. bah. although at the end of the day it got really good delta T across the coil, but it still no fun.

and I hate stupid old european design. have to replace a 60 gallon hot water tank today to electric water heater. what kind of company put an indirect hot water tank with no way to drain it what so ever? so we endup drilling through the stupid tank, and that only drain the 1st water jacket... there's another tank inside it apparantly... I thought it just the indirect coil. bent the dolly and everything too

rant over, thanks for reading.

Snow

I hear ya brother - it makes everything a pain in the butt. It is falling here, tonight, and I'm on a roof tomorrow.........

I woke up this morning & saw a dusting of snow way up on top the mountain peak. Told wife ,i don`t work today. Anytime i see a little snow, bigbird don`t work.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I woke up this morning & saw a dusting of snow way up on top the mountain peak. Told wife ,i don`t work today. Anytime i see a little snow, bigbird don`t work.

That's not snow ... wipe the dandruff off your glass's ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Glass`s??? Hell at my age i wear binoculars to see.

Love the stuff

Love the stuff, never have figured out why people get so cold when it snows even if the temp doesnt drop the phone rings.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I hate snow. I don't know why do I stay here and suck it up each winter. the van was all over the road today. We got to do a heat pump yesterday in the snow shower. 2T 14.5 Seer coleman warranty replacement. yeah, very nice. dragging the thing up the hill to the side of the house when it's snowing and two inches of snow jam the dolly solid. then trying to run the thing in cooling so it would take some extra refridgerant. bah. although at the end of the day it got really good delta T across the coil, but it still no fun.

and I hate stupid old european design. have to replace a 60 gallon hot water tank today to electric water heater. what kind of company put an indirect hot water tank with no way to drain it what so ever? so we endup drilling through the stupid tank, and that only drain the 1st water jacket... there's another tank inside it apparantly... I thought it just the indirect coil. bent the dolly and everything too

rant over, thanks for reading.

Change out of two heat exchangers today ... cleared the snow away from one of the units and theres a puddle right in front of it where I'll be working ... Clear the puddle, but it kept filling back up as the snow melted ... Put down the cardboard from one of the box's and a section of carpet on top and it ended up OK. The other unit was upstream ...

All in all a good day ... and maybe more snow tomorrow.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

my snowmobile hates it when i drive on grass
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I hate snow to.I had to work on a rooftop all day today.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I know exactly how you feel. I spent all day working on a mini split for a server room. It got up to a whole 8 and it took a whole bottle of oxygen to heat the jug up enough to charge the system. I kinked the copper line 3 times, apparently copper don't bend in the cold. At least I left the vacuum pump inside 2 hours before I needed it, but I forgot to fill it up with oil that was in the tool box of my truck. I'm sure the system is over charged because of the added 75' of lineset, but I don't know what the subcooling is because it's too cold for my LCD readout to work on my thermometer. But at this point in the day I really didn't give a rats rear end if the subcooling is off and it was over charged. I had a 20 delt T and the Server room was sitting at 68 and my feet at -10. I'll take a better look at the charge when warmer weather returns. I just hope I get a little more inside work tomorrow.

I love snow! I hate cold!
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by hvac248 View Post
    I love snow! I hate cold!

My dog feels the same way.

What snow? We haven't had any to speak of yet
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast