Hybrid View

Not connecting to Jace Platform

Started a new Demo Jace. Connected to the platform and did a 'Station Copy'. Pop-up gave a list of files to load etc. After Jace rebooted I have not been able to connect to the platform since.

Connected with the Hyperterminal and the only thing out of the ordinary that I see is
    'Starting Niagarad' ->
    'Could not find library libcpp.so.4' ->
    'Starting tinit' ->

Everything after that seems normal but I am unable to connect.
    Message in Workbench says 'Cannot connect. Ensure server is running on specified port.'

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Started a new Demo Jace. Connected to the platform and did a 'Station Copy'. Pop-up gave a list of files to load etc. After Jace rebooted I have not been able to connect to the platform since.

Connected with the Hyperterminal and the only thing out of the ordinary that I see is
    'Starting Niagarad' ->
    'Could not find library libcpp.so.4' ->
    'Starting tinit' ->

Everything after that seems normal but I am unable to connect.
    Message in Workbench says 'Cannot connect. Ensure server is running on specified port.'

Any help would be appreciated. Thanx
    Did you commission or just copy a station?

just copy

Well, after searching through Niagara Central, it seems that the only solution is to send the Jace back to Tridium. Is there any other solution?

There is no reason for it to reboot with just a copy?

The only thing I can think of ..is it may have a license issue due to it being a "Demo"?

License is good. It is the 'Office Demo'

checkvalve, that is exactly what I did. After searching the forums and figured out what I did wrong. I hope you're right about the 'field recoverable'. Some forum posts suggest that it may have to be returned to the factory. I will call them tomorrow.

digo, I have enabled ftp but have not been able to connect. Will see what tech support says.

amigo, it was a stupid mistake but I agree that there should be a check. I couldn't count how many times in the certification class we were told 'just try things, you can't hurt anything'. Right out of the box I fubar the Jace. I learned a lesson that I won't soon forget. Not so diehard LON anymore. You have to go where the work is. Have several contracts that spec Tridium with LON controllers.

I know this is an old thread, but I am trying desperately to recover my station from an FX60. We had a lightning strike hit the building, both ethernet ports are down. I do have shell access and can see the file system through using the "sh" command. Is there any way to move these files off of the FX60 via serial shell?

Contact your support channel. JACE will need to be sent to Tridium to recover.

Reading through this post on Niagara-Central: https://www.niagara-central.com/ord?...onThread/15662
    it looks like you will have to send the JACE to Tridium to recover the flash. I would contact your support channel directly.

From the Niagara-Central post by dana:
    There isn't a facility included with the platform to encode binary files into an ASCII format and transfer them via serial port. Although such utilities exist, such as uuencode, or perhaps od, even if you had a copy you still would not be able to get it ONTO the target platform in the first place, without the ethernet connection working. No, as stated earlier, the removal of the flash chip is about the only practical data recovery option and it would require our help.

If there is anything to be learned by the community, the time to back up your stations is before this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ruchc03 View Post
    Reading through this post on Niagara-Central: https://www.niagara-central.com/ord?...onThread/15662
    it looks like you will have to send the JACE to Tridium to recover the flash. I would contact your support channel directly.

From the Niagara-Central post by dana:
    Thanks for the reply. I guess that will be the only option. And, manI sure do wish I had access to the backup function.