Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    496

    AX Version upgrades

    I have a question about version upgrades. I have a 5.5.25 version. is the upgrade to 5.5.43 free or do I need a license? this is on a Johnson FX20.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by #1servicetech View Post
    I have a question about version upgrades. I have a 5.5.25 version. is the upgrade to 5.5.43 free or do I need a license? this is on a Johnson FX20.
    Most other Tridium rebrands keep to the same numbering system. Presently 3.7.106 I think, maybe Johnsons do it slightly different numberwise. But you should be okay so long as you keep the first two numbers the same. It's only when you go up a number on the second digit (say from 5.5.xx to 5.6.xx) will this incur a licence upgrade cost.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    357
    I think these are the major releases...
    JCI FX 3.x = Tridium 3.5
    JCI FX 4.x = Tridium 3.6
    JCI FX 5.x = Tridium 3.7
    And the license is as Keith D. said. Upgrade needed for major release change.

    So I am not sure what #1servicetech is looking up with his numbers, because they do not match anything released yet. (FX is at 5.0) But i think the answer he needs is, yes you can load the minor upgrade x.x.25 to x.x.43.

    My guess is he is at AX 3.5.25 and he wants to load AX 3.5.43. This would all be at JCI FX release 4

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by billcontrols View Post
    I think these are the major releases...
    JCI FX 3.x = Tridium 3.5
    JCI FX 4.x = Tridium 3.6
    JCI FX 5.x = Tridium 3.7
    And the license is as Keith D. said. Upgrade needed for major release change.

    So I am not sure what #1servicetech is looking up with his numbers, because they do not match anything released yet. (FX is at 5.0) But i think the answer he needs is, yes you can load the minor upgrade x.x.25 to x.x.43.

    My guess is he is at AX 3.5.25 and he wants to load AX 3.5.43. This would all be at JCI FX release 4
    Yes, I am talking tridium versions. thank you for the info.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by billcontrols View Post
    My guess is he is at AX 3.5.25 and he wants to load AX 3.5.43. This would all be at JCI FX release 4
    AX v3.5.25 is FX v3.0
    AX v3.5.43 is FX v3.1

    Need to verify the license in the FX-20, if licensed for AX v3.5 there is no license fee to go from FX v3.0 to FX v3.1. If licensed for v3.5, there is a license fee to to up to FX v4.0/4.1.

    If licensed for AX v3.6 you can install FX v4.0 or FX v4.1 with no additional cost, which are ...

    AX v3.6.31 is FX v4.0
    AX v3.6.47 is FX v4.1

    To note, AX v3.7.106 is FX v5.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Balibe View Post
    AX v3.5.25 is FX v3.0
    AX v3.5.43 is FX v3.1

    Need to verify the license in the FX-20, if licensed for AX v3.5 there is no license fee to go from FX v3.0 to FX v3.1. If licensed for v3.5, there is a license fee to to up to FX v4.0/4.1.

    If licensed for AX v3.6 you can install FX v4.0 or FX v4.1 with no additional cost, which are ...

    AX v3.6.31 is FX v4.0
    AX v3.6.47 is FX v4.1

    To note, AX v3.7.106 is FX v5.0
    Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phenix City, AL
    Posts
    9
    I get my FX upgraded licenses from Stromquest...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event