Thread: Need help quick

Confused Need help quick

Hi,

I just discovered about a half an hour ago that our home is not heating. Our home is not quite 5 years old (about 2200 sq. ft.) w/a single furnace for the entire home (Lennox Merit Series). I am scrambling because its below freezing out and we have two young daughters, so forgive me for not writing down the model # yet. I believe it's set for the heat pump to run above 35 degrees and gas to kick in below that. I checked the little window for the pilot and it's flashing green. Please help.

Jon
    Kansas City

Okay, false alarm...kind of. I just noticed it's now running, but after flipping through the system options on the stat and turning the furnace off and back on. What could have caused it to stop running for a while? I had the stat set to 73 and when I noticed it was getting cool, the room temp (on the stat) had dropped to 71. Thanks for any help.

Jon

Could be one of many things. I'd call someone to take a look at it tomorrow before it's 3 A.M. some night and you realize you have no heat again and have after hours emergency service charges to deal with.

Well, Hows it running today?

Great now. A tech came out to the house and found a little part gunked up and now that he's cleaned it off, things seem to be back to normal. Forgive me for not remembering the name of it, but it's a little metal rod that senses flame.

Oh, you mean the flame sensor?

What part of KC are you in?
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Yes, it's the flame sensor. I live in the Liberty area.