Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's wrong with stockings?

My wife is regularly throwing away stockings when damaged. I've heard they are good filters for various uses and wonder if it would be wrong to use one where the rip is high enough, to cover the vent tube on our electric clothes dryer and vent it indors in the winter when the heat and humidity would be welcome. The electric heats the house air without imparting any polutants. Am I way off base? What could be dangerous about that?

If it's a gas dryer, then it's a for sure no go.

I know it might seem like a waste to send all that heat out, but you'll be surprised of how much lint will blow through even the finest of stockings.
    My personal opinion, it's not worth it for the penny's you'd save.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    If it's a gas dryer, then it's a for sure no go.

I know it might seem like a waste to send all that heat out, but you'll be surprised of how much lint will blow through even the finest of stockings.
    My personal opinion, it's not worth it for the penny's you'd save.

So, what do you do with yours? ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I make my wife duct tape the runs.

They take fiberglass insulation off if you wash with them.,,,i mean so ive heard.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I use them on the discharge hose of my washing machine to keep my drain from being clogged. I was surprised at all the lint that comes out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I make my wife duct tape the runs.

That explains why your legs are hairless ... at least that's what I heard ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by sala7 View Post
    My wife is regularly throwing away stockings when damaged. I've heard they are good filters for various uses and wonder if it would be wrong to use one where the rip is high enough, to cover the vent tube on our electric clothes dryer and vent it indors in the winter when the heat and humidity would be welcome. The electric heats the house air without imparting any polutants. Am I way off base? What could be dangerous about that?

We used to do that during the winter and it worked OK, we also had a lint catcher that was filled with water and you hooked the dryer vent up to it ... still got some lint but not that much.

Thats it for you charlie, i`m going over your house & beat you up.
    ROY`s going to help me.

HAY, how`s your son doing at whittier????

Thats it for you charlie, i`m going over your house & beat you up.
    ROY`s going to help me.

HAY, how`s your son doing at whittier????
    He loves it there, and is doing well ... I think ...

You and good ole Roy coming to beat me up, let me know when so I can pack a lunch ... it's going to take you two old farts a long time ... ... that's OK ... I'm bored ... and could use a massage ...

Hell, if you sneezed i`d probly fall over.

Hell, if you sneezed i`d probly fall over.
    Oh ... poo ... I just remembered I'm older then Roy ...

So that's your plan ... show up with a young stud ... I'm going to the gym ... well maybe ...

Twilli buys worn stockings
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast