Thread: HVAC Calc vs. Rightsuite software

Post Likes

Hmm

Hey, anyone out there used both HVAC Calc and Wrightsofts programs. I'm wanting a comparison and I've seen everyones thoughts on HVAC Calc. I would like more input from people that have actually used Wrightsoft (more than once or twice) and what they really think of it. I have a demo disk and it looks pretty impressive. I realize the price is high but depending on the modules you buy it doesn't look to bad. I can afford either one but if there is alot of negative feedback about Wrightsoft I may not want it. Thanks in advance.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    I have not used HVAC CALC but the demo looks very good and user friendly.

Post Likes

different strokes for different folks

I bought Wrightsoft with Draw but tried the demo of HVAC-Calc and found it to be much much faster and easier to use, so even though I spent a bundle on RightSuite I went ahead and bought HVAC-Calc. I have more than made up the money I lost on RightSuite with the time I have saved by using HVAC-Calc! Anyway, you should download them both and decide for yourself. I must mention though that the support from HVAC-Calc is far better and the licensing allows you to put it on 3 computers, no fussy copy protection. Good luck to you!

Post Likes

Hmm WrightSoft ...

Right Suite was difficult in comparisom to HVAC-CALC and there simply wasn't any comparisom either to the techical support provided by HVAC-Calc...

I wouldn't buy anything I needed based on price! I'm glad to hear you say you can afford to buy either program and wanted some feedback on R/S.... Overpriced and over rated because of it's price... Just because you put a big price on a item doesn't make it better. Use them both and you decide, doesn't take a rocket sceintist to realize the answer..... :-) HVAC-CALC all the way ! I wouldn't do a load caluclation with out it and as I've said before it's learning curve is excellent and the quick reports that print are understood by our customers... We try and bind a copy of their load caluclation for them to look over and they love it ...

[Edited by AllTemp on 05-13-2001 at 01:38 AM]
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes
    For what it is worth, I've used Wright Soft, I've used Elite, I've used Lennox's, a program called Calc Plus and a program given to me from my company. None of them in my opinion compare to the ease of use of HVAC-Calc and support. Free updates aren't offered by any of the other companies.

You may ask if I am nuts when I can get free programs to use from my own company. Why would a buy HVAC-Calc and recommend it to all my customers? It is simply the best.

You may not believe this but it's true. I got stumped on something on a Saturday about a year ago and Don picked up his phone while on vacation and worked me through the problem. YOU WON'T GET THIS TYPE OF SUPPORT FROM ANYONE ELSE.

I'm sorry about rambling on, but I this is the best investment I've ever made in a computer program.

Post Likes

Question

Thanks for the input so far. Wrightsoft has modules that add on, one of which can perform a proposal by giving a parts breakdown using pricing you can enter yourself on each part. It then keeps that price (unless changed) for future estimates.

It can also give energy usage calculations etc., based on different types of systems, ducts and so on.
    Does Hvac-Calc do more than manual j and manual d calculations? I'm not sure.

Wrightsoft may seem more complex(harder to operate) but is that because it's more complete with the use of the additional modules (7 in all) or because its just not written clearly.

Post Likes
    No, Don's program does not do proposals. As far as energy use you can get that free from Energy Star or cardboard slide rules usually free from most manufactures. Why pay for them? I'm looking across my office now at 3 books from Elite each one about a 1/2 thick and difficult to use. The worst part is I'm also looking at about $2000 I could have spent on something more useful.

Post Likes

Arrow $$$$$

Hey some folks just want the prestige of having spent their hard earned money ...

My experience with RightSuite is compared to that of Nitek from Goodman Manufacturing... Does, Load Calcs, Proposals, Contracts, Service.... But what a night mare and cost... forget it...

Harder to operate is that how you discribe it, lol ... Hard to gt away from too, I'll never forget the nightmare getting away from their sales tactics when I downloaded the demo... My phone never stopped ringing, they wouldn't take no for an answer and my email became SPAM haven for thier sales ...

isR/S expensive if not soley from it's extreme marketing concepts or the fact high price can be mistaken for quaility...

If your wanting a Load Calculcation program buy a load calculation program... HVAC-CALC!

[Edited by AllTemp on 05-13-2001 at 01:37 AM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Aeromech
    Thanks for the input so far. Wrightsoft has modules that add on, one of which can perform a proposal by giving a parts breakdown using pricing you can enter yourself on each part. It then keeps that price (unless changed) for future estimates.

It can also give energy usage calculations etc., based on different types of systems, ducts and so on.
    Does Hvac-Calc do more than manual j and manual d calculations? I'm not sure.

You sure sound confused but very computer savy.... If you can wade through R/S program nonesense your just not giving yourself the credit deserved....

You need energy calculations based on equipment efficency here you go free
    http://alltemp-hvac.com/calc/seercalc.html

You want ideas on Proposal, Contracts, PM Conteracts here you go free
    http://www.alltemp-hvac.com/PM.pdf

Nothing fancy but quite complete and you can intergrate it into other Office programs like Excell, get the picture...

Take some time take HVAC-Calc trial for a test ride and kick back and enjoy the experience many of us have grown to enjoy using the program.... :-)

10. Dislikes blaineisabob disliked this post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in