Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FEC brick?

FEC brick?

I've got a FEC controller that was working fine for a couple months and now is no longer communicating on the network the controller is stuck with its Power and Fault LEDs on solid, it won't talk to anything on its SA bus either. What causes this and is there a recover method for this? CCT tool can't seem to find it even with the Bluetooth plugged directly into it so I can't try download firmware, or this thing DOA? Any ideas?

Try cycling power to it 5 times quickly. It acts like a master reset to the controller. You may need to do it a few times. You need to see the power light go out each time.

thanks for the info. I will try that today

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_jci_guy View Post
    Try cycling power to it 5 times quickly. It acts like a master reset to the controller. You may need to do it a few times. You need to see the power light go out each time.
    Is this documented somewhere, or something you have discovered?

Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mackinaw View Post
    IT sure is if you have access to FSC...
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Most excellent procedure. and "Do the hokie pokey and.............. thats what its all about."

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    LOL
    I'm still trying to finger out if he's serious or not....

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Yep....I guess it's official. I though you guys were joking....

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Most excellent procedure. and "Do the hokie pokey and.............. thats what its all about."
    Well Freddy, it also says there is a hardware jumper to "reset" the box due to a corrupt file download.

I find the magic five power cycles funny myself.

Oh yeah what a stupid idea to not put a reset button on the front face of the controller that anyone can push. What were they thinking.

I guess car manufacturer's were idiots by allowing you to put a jumper in and flick the ignition on & off a couple times to access the computer codes too.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_jci_guy View Post
    Oh yeah what a stupid idea to not put a reset button on the front face of the controller that anyone can push. What were they thinking.

I guess car manufacturer's were idiots by allowing you to put a jumper in and flick the ignition on & off a couple times to access the computer codes too.
    Nice analogy...but incorrect ehh. You see... that information is in the manual or readily available, and not on some super secret/restricted database.

Truth be told its probably that way not just for protection from push button happy customers, but also for some of those genius download dummy techs you guys have.

If its a design feature at all...sounds like another "Tech Support" pacification procedure to me....obviously Mackinaw saw it that way too...

I figured quickly cycling the controller on and off was reached out of desperation, you know... right before you try repeatedly hitting it with a hammer when all else has failed.

I have a Cisco switch that is quickly approaching that state. Does anyone know the correct size hammer required to force it to boot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast