Jace NP hyperterminal

Hello i am trying to find the ip address of a jace NP becasue i beleive the one on the cover is the wrong one. I am not the one who changed it so i cannot find the ipchange.txt file. I am trying ot connect using hyperterminal but i am having issues. when i open hyperterminal it says connected but i dont get any text nor can i type anything in. I must be doing something wrong, anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance
    dont worry what people think, they dont do it often

Are you sure that it is a Jace NP? That is a pretty old model that is used with R2 that uses either Windows NT Embedded or full blown Windows NT depending on the model. They do not support connecting via hyper terminal. You would normally use Microsoft Netmeeting or VNC to connect remotely. If it has full Windos NT then you can connect a monitor and keyboard to it and then restart the Jace to get the monitor functional.

oh lol. Yea it is def an NP its an old bone that was kicking around the shop. i literally know nothing about it so that would explain alot lol. so ill slap a monitor on there and see what happens, thanks forgive my ignorance
    dont worry what people think, they dont do it often