Results 1 to 7 of 7

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Carrier Outdoor Air Temperature (OAT) Sensor

    Here's a question for the Carrier experts. I've just replaced the original (~25 years old) HVAC system in my condo unit with a new Carrier system and I'm satisfied with the results. I opted for an 80% efficient Infinity furnace (58CVA,) a Comfort R22 AC condenser (24ACS,) an Infinity controller, a Carrier humidifier, and an Aprilaire media air cleaner. Infinity or Performance condensers were not a realistic option for my condo because I would have had to replace the lengthy (~100ft) lineset, which was soft-soldered and undersized for R410a. Similarly, I couldn't go above 80% for the furnace, because I'm not able to vent directly outside my unit.

    Anyway, to my question: the Infinity controller is able to sense the outdoor air temperate with an OAT sensor, but I'm not sure that the Comfort condenser supports that option. Getting a readout of the outdoor temperature would be nice, but more importantly, automatic humidity control requires an OAT sensor to be present.

    • Does the Comfort condenser have a OAT sensor option and is it compatible with the Infinity system?
    • Does Carrier supply a standalone OAT sensor unit that works with the Infinity system?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    11,347

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesYNWA View Post
    80% efficient Infinity furnace

    Does the Comfort condenser have a OAT sensor option and is it compatible with the Infinity system?

    Does Carrier supply a standalone OAT sensor unit that works with the Infinity system?

    1.infinity condenser has sensor

    2.yes, sensor comes with infinity stat

    3. have qualified technician install



    .

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    1.infinity condenser has sensor

    2.yes, sensor comes with infinity stat

    3. have qualified technician install



    .
    Thanks. Just to be clear, though, I don't have an Infinity condenser, I have a Comfort condenser. Will a standalone sensor still work?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    11,347

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesYNWA View Post
    Thanks. Just to be clear, though, I don't have an Infinity condenser, I have a Comfort condenser. Will a standalone sensor still work?
    exactly what are you trying to accomplish here



    .

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    exactly what are you trying to accomplish here



    .
    I have a Carrier Infinity furnace and controller, but I have a Comfort condenser that doesn't communicate the outdoor air temperature to the Infinity controller. Can I buy (and have a professional install) a separate OAT sensor that will communicate the outdoor air temperature to the Infinity controller?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    11,347

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesYNWA View Post
    I have a Carrier Infinity furnace and controller

    but I have a Comfort condenser that doesn't communicate the outdoor air temperature to the Infinity controller

    Can I buy (and have a professional install) a separate OAT sensor that will communicate the outdoor air temperature to the Infinity controller?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    sensor comes with infinity stat

    as stated, sensor comes with stat

    and it will read the o.d. temp. and communicate it to the stat



    .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event