Trane Weathertron Thermostat - question

Exclamation Trane Weathertron Thermostat - question

HELP! I have the old mercury thermostat for the above mentioned Trane. It's 42 degree inside the house and neither thermostat is kicking on the heatpump. It's one manufactured in 1999, Aux./emergency heat function. I've flipped breakers and still nothing-any ideas (besides calling the HVAC person)?

Not sure if my first question sent or not. Was updating Thermostat to a more energy saving unit (non-mercury). I disconected thermostats from wall (unit was off, electric was not). Attempted to install another unit, but was unsuccessful because of auxiliary function. Nevertheless, reinstalled, old thermostats and now I have nothing no heat). Flipped breaker, still nothing.
    Last edited by RinnyM; 12-06-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: unclear

The damage has probably already been done. Time to call a reputable company in your area.

Common Problem

DIYTSTAT sysdrome.
    A lot of that going around.
    Sorry, don't mean to be a SA. But especially with these systems these problems happen. Sorry you have to be the example but you've got to get someone out to get this straight. Don't be surprised if you need another t-stat, along with other things.
    I know your cold, hopefully someone can get it running soon.

Should have turned the power off first. Trying to save $50 is now gonna cost you $150.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Ok, have the guy coming-I screwed things up, but what can I expect, don't want get "snowed"? Appreciate all comments and advise.
    RinnyM

Quote Originally Posted by RinnyM View Post
    Ok, have the guy coming-I screwed things up, but what can I expect, don't want get "snowed"? Appreciate all comments and advise.
    RinnyM
    Could be a small bill, or a big bill.
    You may have wiped out a simple safety device. Or several parts.

You won't know until the tech gets there and finds out himself.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

How true. I had a friend once who was smart enough to change a stat, but when he did, the unit did not come back on. He called and I went over and he was pissed because he had followed the directions. Well, I checked the diagram in the directions and he was correct, he did wire it per the diagram. The problem was that the diagram was wrong for his application. Most any hvac tech would have caught the obvious, but he didn't and it cost him a very large bill by the time we got it back up and running. Control boards are expensive.

Confused trane weathertron thermostat

It was 24 degrees this weekend and I had no heat my filter was wet my system was frozen, I just got this replaced this summer because i was having ac issues. Can someone tell me what is wrong? Desperately seeking help!! New to this website and i may sound like i am lost and i am!! did not know where to post this question!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rudeness46 View Post
    It was 24 degrees this weekend and I had no heat my filter was wet my system was frozen, I just got this replaced this summer because i was having ac issues. Can someone tell me what is wrong? Desperately seeking help!! New to this website and i may sound like i am lost and i am!! did not know where to post this question!

thanks
    Call the contractor that did the replacement.

Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, Thank You.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?