Thread: unusual weather

unusual weather

Unusual weather this year for south Texas. This summer we had 22 days of 100 degrees + and little or no rain for three months and today it snowed. Last time it snowed, we had 12” on Christmas Eve four years ago, but before that it hadn’t snowed in twenty years. The weatherman said it can go as low 25 degrees tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyray View Post
    Unusual weather this year for south Texas. This summer we had 22 days of 100 degrees + and little or no rain for three months and today it snowed. Last time it snowed, we had 12” on Christmas Eve four years ago, but before that it hadn’t snowed in twenty years. The weatherman said it can go as low 25 degrees tonight.
    What part of S. Tx?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    What part of S. Tx?
    Victoria is about a hundred miles south Houston and about hundred miles north Corpus Christi and 45 miles from coast.

Didn't Pres. Cheney say there was/is no such thing as global warming, and therefore we won't be having climate upheavals?

"A one-hundred-year flood [or a 20 yr snowfall] is calculated to be the level of flood water [occurrence of snow] expected to be equaled or exceeded every 100 [20] years on average."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100-year_flood

The NWS can probably calc. the odds of seeing what you're are seeing in South TX, but it may be politically incorrect to let the general public know this stuff. Even though we pay the salaries of this agency.

What is that white slippery skid stuff ?

Hey, some other Texas boys enjoying the weather. I'm in Houston and it was quite heart warming to see the snow yesterday. I'm an old Chi-Town-Hustler trans planted to Texas in 1982. The funny part was listening to the general public talking about driving on snow or even better watching then try to drive on it. On another note talking about the so-called global warming, did you here where it's pocket filling leader isn't going to show up in Copenhagen for the conference. Yeah, it seems that the other attendee's don't feel like paying $1200 a piece for the honor to shake Al Gore's hand.-GEO

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    ?

"A one-hundred-year flood [or a 20 yr snowfall] is calculated to be the level of flood water [occurrence of snow] expected to be equaled or exceeded every 100 [20] years on average."
    We had that flood back in 1998.
    I live in the Guadalupe area, off of 87.

Didn't Pres. Cheney say there was/is no such thing as global warming, and therefore we won't be having climate upheavals?

The NWS can probably calc. the odds of seeing what you're are seeing in South TX, but it may be politically incorrect to let the general public know this stuff. Even though we pay the salaries of this agency.

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

Mark Twain
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by oroy54 View Post
    We had that flood back in 1998.
    I live in the Guadalupe area, off of 87.
    That was a real bad flood in 98. A lot of people lost everything they own. One of my customers had a heart attack after a helicopter pick him up off his roof.

I was at Lackland AFB in the late 60s. No weird weather there except one time we had hailstones the size of golfballs.
    New cars were dented, taillights broken, but older cars didn't have a problem.

I was at Lackland AFB in the late 60s. No weird weather there except one time we had hailstones the size of golfballs.
    New cars were dented, taillights broken, but older cars didn't have a problem.
    I was too young to think about weather in 60s. We did have a small pea size hail storm this year too.