+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JCI CCT PROBLEMS

Post Likes

JCI CCT PROBLEMS

Ok JCI Guys, when opening a exsisting file and trying to change a selection in the Q&A under the select system tab. A error is generated saying cannot save system file cannot be changed. Then computer can't close the application without starting the task manager. I have talked to supplier they say there having the same issue and it is a JCI software issue, this is 4.1 version it appears to me it is some form of a Java problem I have reinstalled CCT and Java no change. This is a big pain not being able to make changes to multiple files. I think I'am forced to make new files and answer the Q&A the way I want for now any idea's would be appreciated. I hope 5.0 CCT is a coming soon!!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    There is several issues with CCT at 4.1. I have heard of this problem. What version of CCT are you running? They currently have out patches for CCT and SCT that bring the version up. The current version is: CCT Version 4.1.0.4500 and the Patch Name is 4.1.2.0900. JCI is supposed to be putting out another patch to fix the issues with this patch, but they are also announcing the release of Metasys V. So go figure, you might just wait till next year or get the patch. It is a large file though. 336 MB.

Post Likes
    NickDeal the version I'm using is 4.1.0.4500. Have you had the problem I stated and did the patch you listed fix it?. I would be willing to try it to solve my problems , I currently have two fairly big jobs going on and need to make changes. Mackinaw the downloads you listed if you have some time to explain, why you think it is a sequel server issue that would be appreciated It seems to me to be a Java issue, due to the error report info given. Maybe I'll get computer fired up and put the error in detail and see what you guys think?.

Post Likes
    I know there was an issue where that if you defined a program through the Q&A you could save it once. If you tried to make changes to the Q&A after that it would throw an error like you described. The CCT Q&A is done through a SQL database where as the HVACPro was done through a program list. This makes the CCT more versatile, but if there is issues with SQL Server it will give you a hell of a time.

I think that if you were able to get the patch to install. I say "if" because Johnson has had a lot if issues getting the patch to install on branch laptops. They told me that they are going to fix that issue with the next patch. Anyway, if you can get the patch to install I think it would solve the issue that you are having with your CCT.

Post Likes
    Thanks for your help NickDeal, it is appreciated I will look into that patch and let you know. Thanks again!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Mackinaw the downloads you listed if you have some time to explain, why you think it is a sequel server issue .....

Check your email...

Post Likes
    Mackinaw would you mind sending again, it was deleted by accident thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Mackinaw would you mind sending again, it was deleted by accident thanks.
    done

Post Likes
    Ok computer is working. After Mackinaw had talked about the sequel server possibly being the problem, we realized that the only computer at the shop that was able to make Q&A changes was running sequel server 2005 express. I was running MSDE 2000, I change my computer to express and she works in CCT Q&A which is great I'm new with CCT so changes are needed ALOT!!. I'm not the best computer guy, but I do ok and during the install of sequel server 2005 install. Computer wen't to complete meltdown we just hired a Ex JCI guru so I gave it to him and said fix, it took him two days and windows reboot to get it working holy crap!!!.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in