+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LonWorks Intergration Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

LonWorks Intergration Help

I have been tasked with integrating 5 Trane MP 580’s into an existing LNS Lonwork system. I have no access to the existing system yet. No idea what vender. At this point in time they are requesting me to do a couple of things. First was creating an LNS Database. I did that using LonMaker 3.2 Turbo. The second thing they want is for me to provide them with the bandwidth usage of these controllers while they are being polled for data from LonMaker, using LonScanner. The problem I am running into is that LonMaker isn’t seeing all of my variables so I can’t poll them. I had to create a TGP program in the Trane system and map my Trane variables to an nvi or nvo. I have done that and I can see the data transfer in the program but the data doesn’t always show up in LonMaker as expected.
    One thought I had as I was driving home tonight is the send and receive times in the Trane controls versus what LonMaker would want. I don’t know if that could be an issue and what times LonMaker would want to see.
    Any ideas would me greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Likes
    ..."LonMaker isn’t seeing all of my variables so I can’t poll them. I had to create a TGP program in the Trane system and map my Trane variables to an nvi or nvo. I have done that and I can see the data transfer in the program but the data doesn’t always show up in LonMaker as expected."

Do you have a protocol analyzer?
    What data shows up?

If you are passing packets as requested and the data "doesn't show up as expected" I'd say the problem is within the Trane controller and not your LON network.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in