Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I've paid the WaterFurnace dealer about 65% of total costs. He has invoiced me for the four wells but I'm not paying that since only one was drilled. Does anyone know if Texas has anyone to inform about how this guy grouted the well? Are there any rules on how wells are drilled and grouted? I fear no matter what I do this guy will have a way to get more money from me and I'll eventually have a non performing WaterFurnace. Maybe I should talk to a lawyer?

Never contract with a WaterFurnace dealer as they let crooks sell their products!!!

bberry,

We will be more than happy to look further into your concerns. Please provide your model number, serial number, and the name of the contractor you are working with.

WaterFurnace International, Inc.

[QUOTE=bberry;8578511] Does anyone know if Texas has anyone to inform about how this guy grouted the well? Are there any rules on how wells are drilled and grouted? [QUOTE]

Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation website has all the rules for drilling wells in TX. All drillers must be licensed with a few exceptions...and drilling geothermal wells is not one of them.
    Last edited by texas cooler; 12-18-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: add bracket to quote
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Unit

Just go with a hydron module. It's stainless steel heat exchanger and cabinet and has THE BEST WARRANTY on the market today guaranteed.

Just thought I'd post this interesting story for additional info on the thread subject....
    After going through 4 months of h_ll trying to get my FHP unit functioning reliably due to my contractor using a wrong TXV valve in my unit, I found via my loop installer a company that is considered the premier Geo installer/service in my area, and had them replace the incorrect valve.

I had noticed previously that they were a WF Geopro master dealer, but when they arrived they had a FHP sticker on their service van. I questioned them on this and was told they recently switched BACK to FHP from WF. Reason? The amount of air coil failures was not manageable anymore, and what WF reimburses for warranty repairs is not enough to cover their expenses to diagnose/repair, especially if the delta isn't passed on to the homeowner.

I kind of had a chuckle to myself due to what I've read on this forum.

WF Inc
    I can't open the jpg. images from post #51 of the stamp location on coil to verify FormiShieldPlus coating. My WF Envision series 38 was installed 12/2009. I believe before they started using this procedure. Where can I locate this stamping on coil?
    Thank You, Jim

ravenjim,

We began using the FormiShieldPlus process in March of 2010. We have attached the images showing the location of the FormiShieldPlus stamping on the coil.

WaterFurnace International, Inc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Climate Master is a a good quality unit. We installed over 150 of them last year and have had great success.

First breakdown

Well, the new Waterfurnace split systems had their first breakdown 6 months into their "long" life. The same thing that every manufacturer has.....TXV failure. ALCO TXV....which I thought was a good one. Heat TXV in one unit clogged and apparently you need to adjust the other ones, because they are not keeping proper Superheat in cool. These stupid devices are supposed to make it more efficient, it seems they rarely work well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    Well, the new Waterfurnace split systems had their first breakdown 6 months into their "long" life. The same thing that every manufacturer has.....TXV failure. ALCO TXV....which I thought was a good one. Heat TXV in one unit clogged and apparently you need to adjust the other ones, because they are not keeping proper Superheat in cool. These stupid devices are supposed to make it more efficient, it seems they rarely work well.
    Most TXVs used to be reliable and accurate, but not any more. First Parker purchased Sporlan. Then the government decreed that 13 SEER was the minimum efficiency. Now, almost every one is using TXVs to boost efficiency. And I never did think much of Parker. And Sporlan, who made the the most and best TXVs has been Parkerized.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

The manufacturer isn't the problem

I've installed dozens of these units with no call back or issues.
    Sounds like an installation error. I feel horrible for customers who trust their
    fly by night geo contractor who probably only got into the business due to the tax incentives

ChaseAir,

If the heat mode TXV "clogged" then it sounds like the installers took short cuts in their brazing process of installing the split systems. If nitrogen is not purged through the lines and indoor coils when the connections are being brazed, then copper oxide (a black scale) will form on the inside of the tubing. This oxide, if not trapped in the liquid line biflow filter drier can cause operational problems with not only the TXV's but also the reversing valve--a much more costly repair!!

Geothermal systems are not the only systems that this happens in, air-to-air systems and straight air conditioning systems will suffer if nitrogen is not purged during brazing. Nitrogen needs to be purged anytime there is any brazing on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lee View Post
    ChaseAir,

If the heat mode TXV "clogged" then it sounds like the installers took short cuts in their brazing process of installing the split systems. If nitrogen is not purged through the lines and indoor coils when the connections are being brazed, then copper oxide (a black scale) will form on the inside of the tubing. This oxide, if not trapped in the liquid line biflow filter drier can cause operational problems with not only the TXV's but also the reversing valve--a much more costly repair!!

Geothermal systems are not the only systems that this happens in, air-to-air systems and straight air conditioning systems will suffer if nitrogen is not purged during brazing. Nitrogen needs to be purged anytime there is any brazing on the system.
    Maybe the manufacturers should listen to this also when they assemble these systems at the factory.
    The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast