Siemens N2 Master driver

Does anyone have any experience with this siemens master n2 driver?
    It is an interface that supposedly will see the controllers on a johnson n2 network and integrate them into the siemens system. we have a huge bldg with johnson vav and unt controllers and are putting a siemens apogee system on the front. just fishing for info.

What info in particular?

johnson n2 master driver

I need to know if the Johnson master driver actually works and how difficult it is to map the johnson controllers into the siemens system. Just looking to see if anyone had actually made this work as our Siemens rep has no experience with this . I want the conversion to be as seamless as possible.

It does work, and it's not terribly difficult. The hardest part is gathering all of the information needed to get started. However, the technician needs to know what he's doing...

siemens n2 driver

Well that is the thing, how do you get to know what you are doing when it is the first time you have been exposed to it . Is there a guide or some sort of information available? Have you done this? where did you get your info? I would appreciate any input. Thanks for your replies.

There is an application guide, but it is a Proprietary Siemens manual available to thier techs only. It takes you step by step through collecting the data from the JCI system, converting it into Siemens applications, loading the panel, etc. The latest Siemens tools also have some utilities that automate some of the conversion. Again, available only to Siemens techs.

siemens n2 master driver

Thanks, there is a Siemens Tech coming to help me but he has no experience with it either so i guess it will be an interesting job. Siemens had no examples of it working so i hoped someone could assure me that it will work. Maybe it just hasn't been used in Canada. Thanks for the response.

It definitely works. I have done about a dozen over the last 2-3 years, with very little issues.

siemens n2 master driver

thanks Daramoe and ntech64.

Welcome to Siemens and the world of integration. Been there and done that, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by controlgirl View Post
    Thanks, there is a Siemens Tech coming to help me but he has no experience with it either.

Siemens N2 Master driver

I am assuming from your username that you have a siemens background or possibly work or have worked for them. Thanks for the note.
    I have a great deal of faith in our Siemens branch. They are usually very quick to help us out and have a very knowledgeable guy on the inside who comes out to help us out in a crunch. Hopefully all will go well. otherwise i may have a huge building full of office people who are not happy!
    Happy New year and take care.

Controlgirl,

I worked for Siemens for about 15 years and worked with the product 5 years before hiring on.

Several of my intructors were from the Canada. From what I can tell Canada is the place to be with Siemens. I still think about it from time to time.

Take care and Happy New Year!