Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Seattle Sleuths?

First off, my condolencses to the families of the murdered police officers in this article; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/..._officers_shot

I do not in any way mean to come off that these officers in any way deserved to be killed.

Now, what do I get from the recent events in Seattle? I get that four on duty police officers were sitting in a coffee shop (used to be doughnut shops) working on their computers. I don't care if what they were working on was work related or not, why would four officers need to be sitting in a public venue, all together, doing their paperwork? It just makes officers look bad that they are all sitting together in a coffee shop instead of being in seperate places where their presence could be more helpful if needed.

Then we have the Seattle version of the Keystone Cops who shoot up a house, claim to have wounded a suspect, only to find out that there was no one even in the house.

Only having this event to judge by, I must ask; are all police in Seattle inept dolts?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Who were the nut cases who let this nut case out of jail/prison?

after duty meetings

[quote=RoBoTeq;5156182]First off, my condolencses to the families of the murdered police officers in this article; http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091130/..._officers_shot

I do not in any way mean to come off that these officers in any way deserved to be killed.

Now, what do I get from the recent events in Seattle? I get that four on duty police officers were sitting in a coffee shop (used to be doughnut shops) working on their computers. I don't care if what they were working on was work related or not, why would four officers need to be sitting in a public venue, all together, doing their paperwork? It just makes officers look bad that they are all sitting together in a coffee shop instead of being in seperate places where their presence could be more helpful if needed.

I see officers quite frequently have breakfast meetings in Phnx and lunch meetings in Tucson, pretty common here in Az.Probably an after shift and/or pre-shift meeting.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Energy efficient and economical to operate are not synonyms
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    Who were the nut cases who let this nut case out of jail/prison?
    Huckabee
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Energy efficient and economical to operate are not synonyms
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

It's not the old donut shop cop on the beat days anymore. Modern technology makes these cops sit before going on duty downloading the lastest arrests/warrants, etc. so they are prepared for duty.

And many times, when they are working within the same area, they meet for lunch at a local joint. An oriental take out place a few blocks away is a common meeting place for patrol cops of different areas. They also compare notes.

One meat & potato place I eat lunch at has a number of state troopers meeting for lunch a few times a month.

We have a ton of small community divisions with a small police force to very large community police forces. Then on top of that many of the state roads running through these communities are state highways controlled and patrolled by the state troopers. So all of these people must communicate and work together.

I dated a lady at one of these police stations involved in this horrific event. Her main job was to keep all the officers out in the field and in constant communication with the lastest problems and the other officers including the surrounding communities.

BTW, on Holloween a Seattle police cruiser was sent to a complaint where a man waited to shoot the officers. The officer driver was killed on the spot and the passanger officer was wounded and lived and was also able to hit the assilaints car. They now have that guy in jail.

This same guy the week before blew up some Seattle patrol cars at the central service facility in down town Seattle. He also planted some devices with nails to kill as many officers as possible. For some reason the responding officers went around the opposite side of the buiding in place of entering through the main gate where they would have been hurt or killed.

Last summer a mentally ill man let loose on patrol officers and various citizens just north of Seattle. He killed six people within a few hours. They including a woman police office who responded to the original call. The man also killed a driver who was just driving down the road.

The old days of officers meeting before shift is pretty much over with. They now spend more time on patrol in cars and meeting in the field to get the lastest info in person and on their computers.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I see officers quite frequently have breakfast meetings in Phnx and lunch meetings in Tucson, pretty common here in Az.Probably an after shift and/or pre-shift meeting.
    Not the case here. The news reports state that all of these officers were on duty in the beginning of their shift.

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    Huckabee
    Huckabee pardoned him in 2001 for crimes he commited as a 17 year old. Based on this guys plea of acting stupid and his having had a violent upbringing, Huckabee did pardon him. However, he was back in jail on other offenses when others in the system decided to let him out again.

The media is dwelling on Huckabee just to thwart Huckabee's even trying to make a comeback in 2012 for the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    It's not the old donut shop cop on the beat days anymore. Modern technology makes these cops sit before going on duty downloading the lastest arrests/warrants, etc. so they are prepared for duty.

And many times, when they are working within the same area, they meet for lunch at a local joint. An oriental take out place a few blocks away is a common meeting place for patrol cops of different areas. They also compare notes.

One meat & potato place I eat lunch at has a number of state troopers meeting for lunch a few times a month.

We have a ton of small community divisions with a small police force to very large community police forces. Then on top of that many of the state roads running through these communities are state highways controlled and patrolled by the state troopers. So all of these people must communicate and work together.

I dated a lady at one of these police stations involved in this horrific event. Her main job was to keep all the officers out in the field and in constant communication with the lastest problems and the other officers including the surrounding communities.

BTW, on Holloween a Seattle police cruiser was sent to a complaint where a man waited to shoot the officers. The officer driver was killed on the spot and the passanger officer was wounded and lived and was also able to hit the assilaints car. They now have that guy in jail.

This same guy the week before blew up some Seattle patrol cars at the central service facility in down town Seattle. He also planted some devices with nails to kill as many officers as possible. For some reason the responding officers went around the opposite side of the buiding in place of entering through the main gate where they would have been hurt or killed.

Last summer a mentally ill man let loose on patrol officers and various citizens just north of Seattle. He killed six people within a few hours. They including a woman police office who responded to the original call. The man also killed a driver who was just driving down the road.

The old days of officers meeting before shift is pretty much over with. They now spend more time on patrol in cars and meeting in the field to get the lastest info in person and on their computers.
    Doesn't sound like being a cop in Seattle is very safe. How do you justify the seige on a house that wasn't occupied and the police who shot at no one claiming they either wounded or killed the suspect, only to find out the suspect was not even in the house that they shot up?

Actually, it's not safe to be around the cops up here right now. I am around them everyday in my work. They are angry and not afraid to throw down for the smallest provication. I was in the area of the shooting and they were pulling over cars for anything. And lots of lights and sirens and speeding around. We counted 5 cars in 2 miles. I'll keep my distance right now until they cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

Maybe they were helping each other do their paper work. Learning how to use the program right.
    Doesn't matter what all 4 were doing there at the same time.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Where I used to work, they came and did paperwork every day. Made for a safe workplace. They like to have places where they are left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Maybe they were helping each other do their paper work. Learning how to use the program right.
    Doesn't matter what all 4 were doing there at the same time.
    Four police officers, all in a row, evidently a usual hangout for them. This lets criminal minds know where the police are at certain times, which cannot be a good thing for police or the safety of those the police are supposed to serve and protect.

Do police not have beats any more? Do police not want the public image of them to be that you never know when and where a police officer might pop up, so don't be pulling no crap?

And now we have the report that the suspect was finally found, and killed. Will be interesting to read how that went down. Since the guys gun was already found and he was wounded, was this a justified kill or a slaying?

Again, don't get me wrong on this. My personal opinion is that justice has been served and it will save a lot of money and legal bullcrap with this guy being dead. But, did the officer act in the interest of defense or did he execute this suspect?

All in all this does not make the police in and around Seattle seem to be the kind of officers I would want in my area. They sound more like the macho blowhards on Cops.

We have a tricky situation here...

On the one hand, killing a police officer is a grave offense and should carry a stiffer price IMO.

On the other hand... officers tend to 'protect' each other...

The question I ask is: Why was the perp not brought to trial... sure it saves some $$$... BUT: How do we know this was indeed THE one who killed the officers (throw down victim)? We really only have some circumstantial evidence and the word of the officers...

And just for the conspiracy crowd: How do we know one or two of the officers killed may not have been about to blow the whistle on someone higher up...

When justice is done outside the courtroom... too many questions are left un-answered. Not a good thing IMO.

One last comment: When a verdict of guilty is reached in a courtroom, the sentence should be swift and painful for the convicted person. The purpose of being tried and convicted is to arrange a price to be paid (not monetary, rather life restricting price) for a crime... If the criminal does not 'get a message' to change their attitude and ways... the system has failed.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast