Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Trane & R-123 Future

Any news? Rumors?

It's something that's starting to come up when I'm in discussions with a customer to buy a new chiller. 2030 is just around the corner if you are buying a chiller.

I know I give some of you Trane guys some grief but I will give you your due. I have always been very fond of your product. No gears, low pressure, it's shear genius.

Well, maybe not just around the corner, but something to consider.
    All my leon freaked out!

Trane has a gear drive high pressure unit that they don't sell here.

I've always wondered what kind of deal was made on that one.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Yeah...

I ran into one of them when I did some work in South Africa.

But that would mean completely re-tooling Lacrosse to Mfr ASME certified vessels & a totally new compressor design.

Or, they could always do the American thing & close Lacrosse & open a new factory in Mexico.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    All my leon freaked out!

Quote Originally Posted by chiller mekanik View Post
    I ran into one of them when I did some work in South Africa.

But that would mean completely re-tooling Lacrosse to Mfr ASME certified vessels & a totally new compressor design.

Or, they could always do the American thing & close Lacrosse & open a new factory in Mexico.
    I am not sure about that.

Now the shells are being made in China and the compressor have always been made here and shipped over there.

I my information is correct the comp. manf. is currently being moved to China as well.

I inquired the other day for a customer here in the US that wanted to purchase a gear driven machine. The response that I got was that there are no plans to build or offer it in the US and the whole program is being moved overseas.

I could have some bad infomation but it came from a good source.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy S. View Post
    Trane has a gear drive high pressure unit that they don't sell here.

I've always wondered what kind of deal was made on that one.
    When I was at the factory I asked. They said the low pressure machine is better but 123 is not allowed over seas so they have no choice but sale something different over there. I asked why not give customers here a choice and they said they do not want to compete against themselves.

HI I JUST CURIOS THE NAME OF THE ARTIST IN YOUR PICTURE AND THE NAME OF THE MOVIE , I REMEMBER THAT THE GUY IS A SERIAL ASESIN

THANKS
    OSCAR/ESS

Quote Originally Posted by chiller mekanik View Post
    Any news? Rumors?

It's something that's starting to come up when I'm in discussions with a customer to buy a new chiller. 2030 is just around the corner if you are buying a chiller.

I know I give some of you Trane guys some grief but I will give you your due. I have always been very fond of your product. No gears, low pressure, it's shear genius.

Well, maybe not just around the corner, but something to consider.
    I just emailed you something you may find interesting. Share your thoughts on it.

Cheers,
    CW
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Actual Interview or Advertisement??

Quote Originally Posted by ChillerWisperer View Post
    I just emailed you something you may find interesting. Share your thoughts on it.

Cheers,
    CW
    That's the problem with articles like this & it makes it more challenging to digest because it's from another country. Or it looks like it to me anyway.

I know that 134A already has marks against it because of it's inability to compete with 123 in terms of efficiency. So, even though it (134A) is less harmful to the environment I guess the "Trane" of thought is the electrical plants have to produce more electricity for these machines to operate. (That ought to get the party started)

But I suppose that would be just about right after all of the negative publicity the 134A users gave the 123 users & now user. I'm not sure if it would qualify as poetic justice (if it's true) but I'm sure it's close.

I make no bones about it, I am a hardcore low pressure chiller fan. I won't get into that because that's not what the thread is about.
    All my leon freaked out!

The GWF/GWP ratings could disappear if the public reaction to climategate is serious enough to threaten the Politician's jobs. This could be a huge shakeup in the "refrigerant races". Efficiency could become "King".

One thing we all have to respet with Trane is their ability to sell thier story no matter what that story is! You don't get 75percent market share by putting your foot in your mouth. You get it by getting your customers to think like you! My bet is that Trane will have a plan and will execute it well. We don't all have to like them but we do have to respect them. They have kicked the other mfgs around for at leastthe last 20 years. I am for the mfg who takes a step back and puts the contractors and indepents first but that a new thread!
    "Dying aint much, its living thats hard." (Josey Whales)

Could R-245fa be the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    Very interesting...

http://www.honeywell.com/sites/porta...a5e5fdc1e6517d
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Not like we would hope

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    It could replace R-123 as the refrigerant of choice in the manufacture of chillers.

However, it would never work as a drop in replacement because the higher condenser pressure would require coded vessels.
    All my leon freaked out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast