Sprint beware....
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,321

    Sprint beware....

    ok, so I had an issue with my connectivity for the last week. Last thursday, my palm pre stopped receiving email while i was on the road, so i went to old faithfull, my air card for the laptop. It too wouldnt work. so i go to the store and they tell me my air card is messed up, and i need a new one. they then tell me that my palm software is corrupt, and i need to remove all eight hundred numbers or so numbers and send it in for reprogramming. yea right. i decide to buy the new air card, and it begins. "its all set up ready to go, justput the disc in your laptop". ok, nothing. call tech and they actually tell me the network is out in my area, they will call with updates, which they do until tuesday, no resolution. i keep calling and get a band of damned morons, until today when i go ape sh** on them. spent seven hours on the phone with them with some lady form escalation department, which is where they send REALLY PISSED OFF GUYS. she calls local so called factory stores within 40 miles of here to try to find a real good tech. get one guy who tells me software requires service pack 1, download and call him baxck if it doesnt start working. call back, gone. so i start playing. I get into my device manager, and find the drivers for the air card say they are fine, but i decide to uninstall, and reinstall. cant uninstall as there are none. huh? so i manually try to load drivers. system device manager lets me load them manually, and bingo, working. this is for the new 3g/4g card, so if you get one beware. i didnt even want one, but they told me that my old card was obsolete, which i found out was a flat out lie. now i am going after them for lying to me. damn this is nutso. but eight days later i got all fixed. phone required a partial reset after palm had apparently sent new software, only found that out by playing. figured what i was told early on, if your computer doesnt do what you think it should, or locks up, never hit delete, reboot or restart and proceed form there.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    191
    Just remember - in most all the cell phone companies maybe 1 in 10 knows what the hell they are talking about and your chance of getting that person on the phone is maybe 1 in 20 if you are lucky. You want to waste a lot of time? Just call your cell phone carrier and tell them you are having a problem with your phone.

    One time the tech kept me on the phone for hour and a half even though I kept asking for the next tier. He finally passed me up to RIM, accidentally stayed on the line and calls me an a-hole to his co-worker. Real class people these phone companies have working for them. This is one industry I would rather talk to someone in another country who is a least respectful to the customer.

    And how about the 50 buttons and 20 questions you have to get by in order to even ask a question? "May I have you permission to access your records?" What the 'f' does that mean?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,228
    ive found best thing to do is walk into the store....if they cant help you most the time they ether replace the phone or cal tech support themselves.
    This goes for a carrier only store, not some small electronics store that decides to cell phones out of an empty corner.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,229
    I like sprint every time I complain enough they credit my accout $20 to shut me up. Really I've only had problems with Sprint twice in the two years I've had them. They resolved my problem quickly and gave me $20. I always deal with the same people at the local store, they are very curtious and knowledgeable. Sorry the hear you got some lousy customer reps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,321
    yeah, i was just venting. store was absolutely useless, in store tech couldnt navigate my palm pre. the real issue is a problem with the drivers for the wiresless card. sprint will not acknowledge this problem. apparently there really was an outage in our area, store didnt know it and made me a new deal for the air card, the drivers for that card are f'ed up, and i had to go online to find the right ones through my home wireless network. once new drivers are installed manually all is well. bottom line, if you get a new 4g card, be carefull, and it is only good with xp, 2000, and vista with service pack, no windows seven.

  6. #6

    flange

    Flange, dont feel bad, ive been through similar situations with sprint in the past, even if you call them for something simple, its no ones dept and you get transfered 50 times, you end up being on the phone for at least an hour for the smallest account problems, their cust service is just about the worst, the do have the best wimax 4g data service though, and thats the only reason they still have me as a cust, my cell phone i have with t-mobile. good luck...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    2,990

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    ive found best thing to do is walk into the store....if they cant help you most the time they ether replace the phone or cal tech support themselves.
    This goes for a carrier only store, not some small electronics store that decides to cell phones out of an empty corner.
    not if you have verizon. i am so fed up with these damn carriers. the store cant do anything unless cust service approves it. they all give you the run around. heres one of the not so bad issues i had b/c its short to type. i have a blackberry and the ball in the middle was not running right. i have the extended insurance for the device, however, i was under the original manufactures warr. so i call cust. service they tell me i need to go to the store to have one of the techs verify that it does not work. i go there the guy has never heard of it and says yupp it doesnt work. so i go home call cust. serv get another person and they have never heard of making me go to the store either .....

    BTW ive been on the phone with RIM at leats 4 times....
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    not if you have verizon. i am so fed up with these damn carriers. the store cant do anything unless cust service approves it. they all give you the run around. heres one of the not so bad issues i had b/c its short to type. i have a blackberry and the ball in the middle was not running right. i have the extended insurance for the device, however, i was under the original manufactures warr. so i call cust. service they tell me i need to go to the store to have one of the techs verify that it does not work. i go there the guy has never heard of it and says yupp it doesnt work. so i go home call cust. serv get another person and they have never heard of making me go to the store either .....

    BTW ive been on the phone with RIM at leats 4 times....
    ive herd bad things about some of the blackberry's...I have Verizon but go to a store ran by Verizon....many of the stores are local operators who do not want to deal with "problems" just want to sign u you for service. I have made this mistake before..also if your contract is threw the local owned store u are more likely to get screwed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    ive herd bad things about some of the blackberry's...I have Verizon but go to a store ran by Verizon....many of the stores are local operators who do not want to deal with "problems" just want to sign u you for service. I have made this mistake before..also if your contract is threw the local owned store u are more likely to get screwed.
    yea i went to a verizon wireless store when i purchased my phone. still a PITA lol.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    4,203
    I have been using at&t (cingular for years). I have not had the personell problems like the op. Even when my blackberry wouldnt connect, the tech was real polite and solved the problem. Im not sure how they received the worst carrier rating.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,321
    hada blackberry with verizon, and tethered the laptop through it. one day, they blew out the software with a software upgrade, and tether wouldnt work anymore. went to store, and they told me they couldnt reload the software , and i had to buy a new phone, stop tethering, and buy a seperate wireless card, i did, sprint. my blackberry was less than three months old at that time. arrogant bast****

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event