Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by paulir View Post
    Are you referring to the white Jaces? I saw a cut sheet. Looked interesting. Are they going to market those in US also... Ouchh if they do.
    Not sure what you mean. I'm referring to this: Vykon HVAC. It is Jace2 and 6 (I believe they are available in US) with special jar modules.

So how are you communicating between the JACEs? LON, MODBUS, or through the LAN? Just curious. Thanks.

I have seen it done twice (by the same company) with R2 Jace with onboard IO and also Honeywell LON IO in the larger panels. Lon was also used for the VAVs and also Modbus for Metering. Small fixed application LON IO for tenants metering and miscellaneous monitoring/control.
    It worked well and I assume is cost effective otherwise they would not have used this approach.
    gnomethang

A other option

I have done it a few time. No problem.

You could also consider the honeywell Spyder. Smaller controllers, availables with BACnet or Lonwork network and they are program with Workbench. They are Niagara AX base controller.

Using Spyder ctrl's network to a WEB-201 (Jace-2) would cut your price even more, with the same benefit of using only Jace-2.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    So how are you communicating between the JACEs? LON, MODBUS, or through the LAN? Just curious. Thanks.
    CAT6 LANs
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Jace I/O

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Wire sheets are only as ugly or pretty as the programmer. The customer should never see them anyway. Use the kitPxHvac pallatte. And for a couple hundred bucks, you can connect a laptop, so who needs a local display.
    I agree and if you have a java programmer around you can do it in baja. I have developed a generic ahu block for 90 % of the ahu's we do. I use th jace for this all the time. I use cat 6 or lon depending on whats going on.
    Remember that if you are going to use I/O, it needs to be on the jace when its first set up and your good to go.
    If you write a generic ahu program (java or block) you can use it over and over again. Set up time becomes short, hours drop and more money made.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Slowboy_2009 View Post
    Using Spyder ctrl's network to a WEB-201 (Jace-2) would cut your price even more, with the same benefit of using only Jace-2.
    I wouldn't plan on using a WEB-201 if you need access to the programming tool after installation. See the HW Spyder compatibility matrix, I don't think HW supports the tool on a 201.

It could be done if you bring them in as dynamic devices, but you'd lose the ability to replace a controller remotely.

New Spyder tool will allow to program on the JACE. It doesn't take any additional memory compare to dynamic device. The program is loading to the memory only when you see wire sheet and unloading as soon as you switch to another one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12