+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comfort Link/Carrier

Post Likes

Comfort Link/Carrier

Is it worth buying the software? Or do I just keep programing with the buttons?

Post Likes
    Well, my customers have purchased the Carrier Comfort Link software and I will say they've all been satisfied.

Post Likes
    To my knowledge you get free comfortlink when you buy the equipment. are you thinking Comfortview?

Post Likes
    I am not sure what the tool kit software is called. My 50 ton came with no software. I had to read that book and push buttons for 12 hours to get up and running. Then I find out they sell a tool kit ( software and cable for lappy ) . I did ask Carrier about a interface and it took 2 weeks for them to get back to me. By that time I had it up and in service.
    I was just wondering if there is anything ( like start delays times ) I could tweek if I had the software.

Post Likes
    Well I don't know what type of equipment you have but you may not have that option. What are you saying didn't come with software?

Post Likes
    I got a carrier navigator for sell that will make life a whole lot simpler and you can use it on all comfort link machines. P.m. me if interested.

Post Likes
    whats the deal with carrier tech support, they take forever to get back

Post Likes
    I never have a problem getting thru with them.

Post Likes
    Network Service Tool is what you are looking for. USB to CCN converter with all the required software. Works on any CCN network. Should be 500 or less, at least last I knew.

Post Likes
    Na it came with the computer. Some one swiped the palm pilot and cable before I got it off the truck! I am looking to change time delays on compressor off cycles. it is touch and go as far as getting compressors online in time to hold set point. I was hoping to be able to change the time delays with the palm pilot or a disk and a lappy. Either way, I am ok with buttons and scrolling but I was hoping to be able to get deeper in the program.
    I found out a few days ago the customer is wery wery weerrrry close to chapter 11 so I am not worried anymore. But..... there is always the next one to work one!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by licensed to chill View Post
    I got a carrier navigator for sell that will make life a whole lot simpler and you can use it on all comfort link machines. P.m. me if interested.
    I would be interested

Post Likes
    Hi Jason, Enquiring about the Carrier service tool. I have tried to purchase it here in Australia, Melbourne, with no luck. Carrier say it's in house only and don't sell it outside the company. Do you know where i would be able to purchase the software from? I already have the converter, which I believe is required for the old Carrier models as well, the Flowtronic. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Post Likes
    Hi, Wondering where I can purchase the Carrier navigator from and approx how much it would be? Unable to get my hands on any Carrier software or navigator in Australia, Melbourne. They don't like to help you out over here!! Does the navigator have all the same software as the software program used through a lap top? Thanks for all your help, would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chill bill View Post
    Hi, Wondering where I can purchase the Carrier navigator from and approx how much it would be? Unable to get my hands on any Carrier software or navigator in Australia, Melbourne. They don't like to help you out over here!! Does the navigator have all the same software as the software program used through a lap top? Thanks for all your help, would be greatly appreciated.
    The Navigator is just a hand held extension of the scrolling marquee on the unit. Navigators have no software. Allows you to view 4 lines instead of just 1, and more characters per line. Just more convenient that the display on the unit. Think they're around $600 new but can be probably be found on e bay.
    Local 100

Post Likes
    Hi Jason, Do you know where I could possibly purchase the Carrier Service Tool V software program? I'm sure they would sell in the states somewhere, but I don't know where! Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Chill Bill I think you are looking for Comfort Vew. I have heard that Service Tool was not available everywhere but I would think that CView would be because it is the interface for CCN (Carrier's Building Automation System) as well as a means for servicing Comfort link Equipment. The issue may be the import export rules that might apply to the software. The converter is differant than the Flotronic converter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Texan View Post
    Chill Bill I think you are looking for Comfort Vew. I have heard that Service Tool was not available everywhere but I would think that CView would be because it is the interface for CCN (Carrier's Building Automation System) as well as a means for servicing Comfort link Equipment. The issue may be the import export rules that might apply to the software. The converter is differant than the Flotronic converter.
    LOL import export .

Post Likes
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all your input. Good Texan, ur right on the money with the comfort view. Just recently spoke with a carrier tech and he said the same thing, that's all they mainly use too. Thanks again everyone with your help.

Post Likes
    looking for navigator

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in