ABTE1060 Absorber Valve Question

Hi All. I have an ABTE1060 Trane Absorber with a 3 stage solution pump. I've always maintained a 10 degree differential across the evaporator but this season can only get 6 to 7. Nothing has really changed from last season. Tubes are clean, chemical tests came back fine, PD's across both bundles are fine, tower temp is between 85 and 90. I'm maintaining 60 - 62% strong solution concentration level as well. My question is, (and I've included a jpeg) there are 2 hand valves just under the motor of the pump. They are on the line from the pump to the economizers. One is an 1 1/2" and the other 3/4". Does anyone know what the position of these should be while up and running? They are both wide open. They look like they are manual bypasses for the economizers. Not really sure as I have never checked them before now. They may have been opened by someone who is no longer an employee here. I tried briefly closing the larger valve and the pump started making a noise similar to cavitation but there is plenty of solution in the glasses. Don't think it's that. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tower water temp is high. Try dropping it to 80F. What is the spread on the solution? Is the machine spilling?
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Thank You. I lowered the tower temp to 80 and the differential has increased to about 8 and hitting 9 at times. The solution spread is about 76 if that's what your looking for. I am spilling some but not much. Can't really trim the machine yet as I'm in the process of trying to lower my NH2 level in the solution. It's about 19ppm in the refrigerant water. I've done this twice before and have taken it down to about 8ppm by removing 200 gals. of refrigerant water daily and replacing it with 200 gals. of deionized water from our RO plant we have here. It just dilutes out the NH2 after about 3 weeks of this. (3000 gals. total) It's much cheaper then setting up an ion bed filter bank to remove it seeing we have the water available to us already.

Spread is the concentration difference between the dilute and concentrated solution. The spilling isnt helping you either if your spilling and not at full load.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Ok, Thanks. I'll get the #'s when I return to work on Monday. The spilling is occurring when the machine is loaded. Usually around 63% strong solution concentration. Thats the most I've ever seen this thing loaded since I've had it. If it gets much higher then that, the PCL switch goes into a warning, then trips on next activation.