Thread: NCM Database

NCM Database

Im looking at a job with an existing NCM350, the owner wants to update it. Im probably going to put in an FX60. Before I do that, I want to look at the database to see what data is being shared, gpl, etc. I have pmi on my computer but never really messed around with it. How can I copy/view an NCM database? It doesn't seem very user friendly, any help is appreciated.

You are hoping to get lucky, right ?

Unless you have both the same rev of PMI (or higher) as the NCM is running AND a full Database backup you will not be able to look at either the GPL or the JCB processes.

You may be able to look at Systems and Objects if you are lucky enough to have the NCM setup with Opertator Terminal configured. Try connecting a DTE Null Modem cable to port 2 (top 9 pin serial) using VT-100 emulation, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity. It you see the JCI verbage you will have just lucked out big time. If not..........maybe you should just proceed with the FX-60 and call it good.

Sorry, but that's the best I can give you at this point.

Good luck
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

NCM Database

I would upload the database and then unddl the fms. Then you can copy the data bases to your lap top.
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Your best bet would be with a PMI workstation setup on site that the owner uses. It may have the GPL and JC Basic files on it you can view. If you have to use the PMI you have you at least need the network name for the system to connect in and would be able to upload the database and decompile it.

The decompiled database will show references to program objects so you may get lucky and their names alone may hint to what they are doing.

Checked out the site yesterday, there is already a disk with a backup database on it. Thanks for all the help