Just thought I would share

because I am skiked to say I just got a job as an apprentice. I start Dec 7th and can not wait to start my new career. In fact I went out and got my 1st pair of workboots (tims titans) last night. So I am ready to go, because I dont think the pair of Vans I have would cut it out in the field WOOOOHOOOOO

rules

1- you have 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason

2- nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care

3- don't be afraid to ask questions
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

When you stop for fuel, clean the truck out. Straighten up a little (tools, parts), Don't just sit there and waste time.

Be one step ahead of the lead guy but not to the point where you are in the way.

Study the lay out of the truck (where tools are and different parts) so you don't waste time looking for stuff during the jobs.
    It's refreshing to pull your head out of the box when servicing a system.

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    because I am skiked to say I just got a job as an apprentice. I start Dec 7th and can not wait to start my new career. In fact I went out and got my 1st pair of workboots (tims titans) last night. So I am ready to go, because I dont think the pair of Vans I have would cut it out in the field WOOOOHOOOOO

I think I saw you buying those boots ... should have purchased Red Wings ...

Oh, December seventh is Pearl Harbor Day ... good luck...

Hey, I wish you well, where in Mass. are you from?

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Congradulations, and good luck. Don't forget Dec 7th 1941

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    I think I saw you buying those boots ... should have purchased Red Wings ...

Oh, December seventh is Pearl Harbor Day ... good luck...

Hey, I wish you well, where in Mass. are you from?

Thanks. Never forget Pearl Harbor Day
    It was a toss up betwween the Red Wings and the Tims. I thought the Tims were a little more comfortable.
    I live in Norton. I will be working in Weymouth

Quote Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
    Thanks. Never forget Pearl Harbor Day
    It was a toss up betwween the Red Wings and the Tims. I thought the Tims were a little more comfortable.
    I live in Norton. I will be working in Weymouth
    I do a little work in Norton ... and I do mean little ... one of my customers here owns a building there ... so ... once in a while I take a ride and take care of whatever he needs repaired. Norton seems like a nice place.

Good luck ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.