Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SCAM ALERT!

I got a email from Paypal last week saying that my account would be locked if I didn't update my credit card info. My credit card was running out and that I needed to update it by 10-16, BUT the notice was sent to a email address that Paypal dosen't have?? When I clicked on the url to update the info, I got a site that said the address was wrong or something similar. I went to a confirmed Palpal website to update. Now I'm wondering if someone is running a scam to get your credit card info.
    Oldfart

No doubt scams are plentiful, and very serious. When handling personal information, perhaps a good practice would be to use only those Internet links that you have saved, either in a Word document, or in your Favorites List.

Anytime a request for information on an account is made, you can use the links from those saved documents or Favorites List. And, if you don't have the Web address in either of those two places, you can "Google" the firm and use an address acquired through the Google search engine. Admittedly, it will take a little longer, but it may make you feel more secure and comfortable doing it this way.

inadvertently double posted the same message, sorry about that
    Last edited by Franktown; 10-23-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: inadvertently double posted the same message, sorry about that

Some dude recently was trying to sell my wife something over the phone. Of course it sounded good. The unfortunate thing is that there are so many scam artists out there it makes me wanna vomit.

I told my wife to get their company's website and he told her some crap about how they're "very private" or some bologna. Anyway, I google searched the comapny name and on the first page..... you guessed it. Blogs about their scams

New to this!

Hi all! Googled for HVAC quiz and found that this site had them, although when I tried to get to the quizzes available, I found that they are all private. Been an HVAC Service Tech for almost a year, 11/27/10 will be a year, and would just like to further my knowledge to do a better job for my customers and my boss. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance! micki

Quote Originally Posted by mfranck View Post
    Hi all! Googled for HVAC quiz and found that this site had them, although when I tried to get to the quizzes available, I found that they are all private. Been an HVAC Service Tech for almost a year, 11/27/10 will be a year, and would just like to further my knowledge to do a better job for my customers and my boss. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance! micki
    Suggestions? "Early to bed. Early to rise. JK. keep studying. keep asking. keep learning. If you search these forums you'll probably find almost anything you need to know.

It is a bit off subject that you put your post where you did......

Sorry for posting where I did, never used a discussion forum before. So just clicked somewhere so I could get more info. Then I searched the site better and found where I should have posted. Thanks for the reply tho.

Sorry for posting where I did, never used a discussion forum before. So just clicked somewhere so I could get more info. Then I searched the site better and found where I should have posted. Thanks for the reply tho.
    No prob man. Just teasing. You'll find a lot of that on these forums.

May I also recommend NATE certification when you feel ready. Sticks with you. Adds value to YOU as a person
    And these emoticons are just fun

Get your post count up to 15 & apply for pro membership & have full access to all the knowledge here at HVAC-Talk.

Welcome to the trade and the site.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been doing a lot of searching and have found an awesome site that lets you do free practice tests at quia.com. So have been having fun playing games and learning at the same time. I think that this is the same site that will teach NATE for a small fee. Going to do that next payday. Thanks for replying back. you just helped me get another posting too.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by conditionedhvac View Post
    Some dude recently was trying to sell my wife something over the phone. Of course it sounded good. The unfortunate thing is that there are so many scam artists out there it makes me wanna vomit.

I told my wife to get their company's website and he told her some crap about how they're "very private" or some bologna. Anyway, I google searched the comapny name and on the first page..... you guessed it. Blogs about their scams
    Yeah it is rather rediculous how many of them are out there! and it seems like everyday they become even more elaborate!

i've been getting one about permit bond fees for the last 2-3 years. It all started around the same time when Rochester Hills sent me a notice asking me if I wanted my bond money back since I haven't pulled water or sewer permits in the last year. So I send them Doc info and I pick up my check at the City offices , everything was good. Within 2 weeks I get a call from an accounting firm in North or South Carolina. They proceed to tell me how a certain city they recently audited owes me money for work I've done there. OK good send me paper work and I'll take care of it. Nope they won't tell me which city but that its for $3000.00 in bond fees. Promised me I'll get every dollar, however they wanted info and to correspond over the phone only, bank info so they could deposit the money. In turn they would have their books cleared up in their audit. I said send me some info and we'll go from there. Then I receive another call from them 2 months later, Same thing send me paper work. Nothing. Then I get to thinking and start auditing all my permits , and I can't find anything. Same week I walk into CCA in Lapeer to pull some permits and the lady says I have bond money due from 21 new construction permits, wow great. I couldn't find the bond fees in my own searching because they were never charged on the permit. They were included with and called a minimum permit fee, they were then required to return these fees after completion of job. So I got lucky. Maybe these calls were legit or just coincidence. That was almost 2 years ago and the same woman and man are calling me still with same story. Now I know no one owes me money but they still keep calling. Their BBB info didn't match the business description, So it appeared as if they had a good rating.

i am a hvacr mech in ny been in the field eight years did a lot of supermarket ref i am looking for a poisition in a 638 company email address p#917-379-8755
    Last edited by Dad; 06-06-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast