Post Likes

fireplace flame liftoff please help.

i was at a call for a montigo b vent fireplace. model ec-plus28si (if u are familiar) original call was burner would not lite. i replaced the power pile and everything was fine then the main burner had flame liftoff. now about 10sec after lighting (flame all blue) the burner lifts off and only half will stay lit. please help. also i can not find an air adjustment on this model.

Post Likes
    Not familiar with the brand but most I've seen with that issue is a blockage in the burner, orifice or tubing. Usually it's a spider web.

Post Likes
    Thanks I appreciate the feedback I'll have to give that a look aswell.

Post Likes
    We cannot give DIY advice here so we're limited as to what we can suggest. If you are a Pro, get your post count up and apply for Pro status so you can meet us in forums where we can give detailed information. Meanwhile, have a pro check the vent to ensure it is not obstructed then clean and service the unit.

Post Likes
    Yes I am a "pro" as I said I was on a call. But I am new to this site. I do have my b ticket

Post Likes
    It is important to follow the instructions as far as long placement and particularly glowing embers

Post Likes
    Im having the same issue with a Kingsman fireplace. Its an insert and runs perfect with the door off. As soon as I put the door on the flame lifts off the burner and snuffs out. Ive taken apart the pilot assembly, the burner, checked gas pressure and checked the chimney. All parameters are in manufactures specification.

We are the second company to look at this unit as the installing company walked away from it. Homeowner is telling me that it has been like this since installation. The unit is only 9 months old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonpg View Post
    Yes I am a "pro" as I said I was on a call. But I am new to this site. I do have my b ticket
    could be air in the fuel, too much fuel pressure, too much draft, too much combustion air. we cant tell you how to fix it though because of your current member status.

Quote Originally Posted by fd3687 View Post
    Im having the same issue with a Kingsman fireplace. Its an insert and runs perfect with the door off. As soon as I put the door on the flame lifts off the burner and snuffs out. Ive taken apart the pilot assembly, the burner, checked gas pressure and checked the chimney. All parameters are in manufactures specification.

We are the second company to look at this unit as the installing company walked away from it. Homeowner is telling me that it has been like this since installation. The unit is only 9 months old.
    not enough combustion air.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."