Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pureatech?

Hmm

Has anyone had a company out of GA, named Pureatech, in their area? The company high pressure sells three stage filters (2 inch pleated, UV light & carbon filter) for around $3000 plus sealing the ducts and other stuff for a total package of $5000+!

Feed back anyone?

Frank

they know little or nothing about ac effect on what they sell..no data..just another solution like electrostatic filters as far as i can tell so far...expect them to fade

Puretech

They advertise heavy on the radio stations in my area which means they have to charge $$$$ to pay for it. They are not contractors so they sub the installation out which means they have to charge $$$$. Can you see why it cost so much?
    Plus there is a local salesman and a duct cleaner. In my area I know all the subs they use personally. Now about the product. It is the same as a media filter with a UV light/ozone with a carbon filter added. The carbon rids odors. If someone wants to spend $5K on indoor air quality
    they should get more than just a 3 stage filter. That price should also include some fresh air intake and humidification! I am building a custom home this year. It will have an ERV,humidifier,and a good MERV 11 filter.
    Jeff

Originally posted by Frank_G
    Has anyone had a company out of GA, named Pureatech, in their area? The company high pressure sells three stage filters (2 inch pleated, UV light & carbon filter) for around $3000 plus sealing the ducts and other stuff for a total package of $5000+!

Feed back anyone?

Frank
    No MERV data, "supreme filtration" == snake oil!

Thumbs up

I`m glad to hear people have that kind of money to spend. Things are looking up!

Sucker born everyday

applies today.
    Jeff

hey are these guys still in business?

Yep these guys are still around. Get this...I have a friend, a close friend (this is not an urban legend) whose health insurance paid for a portion of the price for his Pureatech system...his doctor actually wrote a precription for it :\

Things that make you go...WWHHAAAAT?!?!?!?

i found them on the web yesterday and no information that tells me anything..

Exclamation PUREATECH

I saw some questions about PUREATECH. We had a pureatech system installed in our home in March of 2003. By September of 2003 our entire ventilation system was full of TOXIC MOLD due to the system (proven by mold experts/engineers). Pureatech admitted fault but would do nothing for us because the contract states they will only cover damages up to the cost of the system $5000.

We are currently in litigation against PUREATECH. Please do not EVER recommmend this system to any of your customers or friends. My entire family now has ASTHMA due to the toxic mold and other than my mother, we never had any breathing related problems prior to the installation of the system.

Just a little FYI.

I was at a house the other day that had one of these. As I recall the filters are odd ball and hard to get. The customer was so disgusted with it and had paid so much for the install and replacement filters that I felt like they wanted to take their frustrations out on me.

It was like every 15 minutes they asked "how much do we owe you now" So after I left I tried to find a filter that would fit.

The final result was......I never went back. I felt kinda bad about it but they got to be a huge pain in the behind with the phone calls and they still had in filter on the machine.

Re: PUREATECH

Originally posted by lildragonflymama
    I saw some questions about PUREATECH. We had a pureatech system installed in our home in March of 2003. By September of 2003 our entire ventilation system was full of TOXIC MOLD due to the system (proven by mold experts/engineers). Pureatech admitted fault but would do nothing for us because the contract states they will only cover damages up to the cost of the system $5000.

We are currently in litigation against PUREATECH. Please do not EVER recommmend this system to any of your customers or friends. My entire family now has ASTHMA due to the toxic mold and other than my mother, we never had any breathing related problems prior to the installation of the system.

Just a little FYI.

If you have an personal experiance with PUREATECH PLEASE contact me at Lildragonflymama@aol.com
    How did he Pureatech system cause toxic mold? Just curious.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Exclamation pureatech/yea right

I'm with a HVAC firm in ATL. with a IAQ dept. We have seen them GO DOWN THE TUBES. They made claims that they could get rid of mold in homes with UV lighting. Impossible!! They never discussed humidity levels or control with there customers. They never discussed free radicals produced by uncontroled ozone (THE "O" WORD). In layman terms " Ozone must have bad air to attatch itself to or YOU well get sick." Having Ozone being generated in a space just because it sounds like a good idea, is like spraying a WHOLE CAN OF LYSOL in the bathroom becaues you farted. Not knocking Lysol,but too much of a good thing can be deadly! When Ozone does attatch itself to bad air,that molecule MUST be filtered with a MERV11 or higher or YOU will get sick again! I have seen EACs powered up continusly, without the blower on, generating Ozone that would burn Your nose when You walk in the door. YEP, your NOSE BONE is connected to your LUNG BONE and neither of them wont any OZONE.
    Please be very careful when selling or buying Indoor Air Quality products.You can put Your company or Yourself at risk, Remember NO "O"!

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast