Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It not my best work but it's a nice boil, I needed sidewall vent and the Kerr requires no power venter and is 88%

[Edited by Airhead on 09-13-2003 at 03:12 PM]

Nice work.

Nice piping on the water lines. The venting looks good.

oil-2-4-6-gas is offline Professional Member b&M _email server rejected
    level that honeywell line up those bricks and oh yeah wipe down those sweat fittings next time to get rid of that excess /////next year or so you will probably be replacing that expan.tank the watts just don't hold up as well as the extrols ---

should have used a 30# tank

Originally posted by Airhead
    It not my best work but it's a nice boil, I needed sidewall vent and the Kerr requires no power venter and is 88%

[Edited by Airhead on 09-13-2003 at 03:12 PM]
    FWIW, the circ should be placed on the supply side after the air scoop/expansion tank. It may not be much of an issue with a maintaining boiler but it will help the lifespan of the expansion tank on a non-maintaining boiler...particularly if the fill is on the return.

Putting the circ on the supply side can also help with air issues.

Nice, neat piping. Are those Taco ZVs?

They are Taco zone valves. I usualy do put the circ. on the supply, but I was limited for room because I had to raise the boiler so high because the basement floods upto 12" of water.

Sorry to ask , but is that your drain above the unit and the circulator on supply and pinned against the unit? Nice straight piping though looks like its plumb , square , straight and level . Work more with a rag , you will impress yourself more as you use it more . Really looks good after you wipe it and saves time as you can see the joint well enuf to check for pinhole leaks. When you install shut off valves ( isolation valves ) a plumber will point handles with the flow of water when open .

[Edited by Wannamakeice on 09-23-2003 at 11:23 AM]

Originally posted by Wannamakeice
    Work more with a rag , you will impress yourself more as you use it more . Really looks good after you wipe it and saves time as you can see the joint well enuf to check for pinhole leaks.

We've gone to using brown cotton jersey gloves instead of a rag. They're cheap (under $1 a pair). A pair will last a day if you don't wipe the flux off with them. And you can keep right on soldering w/o setting the torch or solder down. The only thing is they HAVE to be 100% cotton and not all of them labeled as 100% cotton really are. You'll know if they melt on the first or second wipe they're at least part polyester. We find the most problems with gloves made in China.

Originally posted by pitman22c
    Work more with a rag , you will impress yourself more as you use it more . Really looks good after you wipe it and saves time as you can see the joint well enuf to check for pinhole leaks.

We've gone to using brown cotton jersey gloves instead of a rag. They're cheap (under $1 a pair). A pair will last a day if you don't wipe the flux off with them. And you can keep right on soldering w/o setting the torch or solder down. The only thing is they HAVE to be 100% cotton and not all of them labeled as 100% cotton really are. You'll know if they melt on the first or second wipe they're at least part polyester. We find the most problems with gloves made in China.
    Cotton is the only way to go, polyestor turns your joint a crappy color because of melting and destroys the objective.... my old t-shirt tore up into pieces works just fine for me . As far as wiping flux , I always do , keeps pipes from turning green later on down the road and keeps the objective in mind.

Originally posted by pitman22c

Cotton is the only way to go, polyestor turns your joint a crappy color because of melting and destroys the objective.... my old t-shirt tore up into pieces works just fine for me . As far as wiping flux , I always do , keeps pipes from turning green later on down the road and keeps the objective in mind.
    We wipe the solder when it's hot and we wipe the flux off with a rag after the joint has completely cooled.

Denali Park, Alaska, McMurdo Station, Antarctica

Hmm

Looks good
    as far as flux goes, I just brush a thin coat on and make sure the joints are well cleaned first, use a rag to get the sanding dust off, like when you are using stay brite 8 for refrig stuff. Jersey gloves rock but like you say it is tough to get good one. I will also use green cotton gloves like we can get at AIH,-green apes. They work quite nice and will last awhile. Nice Job mate,
    Cheers,
    yanert-on-ice

pilot is offline Member- bad email - server kicked back
    What brand boiler is that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast