Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinpadalino View Post
    Just got a call from the movie theater. A backed up toilet in mens room looks like the comb worked!
    Seriously? ha

I read this thread and then spent a half hour researching movie distribution. It's very interesting actually. Check this link out.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.c...stribution.htm

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shaun66 View Post
    WTF, in this trade, we are paid enough to go to movies, and buy popcorn. cheap facker
    thats what i was thinking when you go to a restaurant do you bring your own steak

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    I read this thread and then spent a half hour researching movie distribution. It's very interesting actually. Check this link out.

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.c...stribution.htm
    And from that link, here is what we are discussing;
    The movie itself is considered a loss leader by the theater owner: It is meant to get people into the theater. The theater makes its money selling refreshments to the movie audience. That's why concessions are so expensive -- without the profits generated by things like popcorn and soda, most theaters could not afford to stay in business.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Next time I'm going to the Drive-In theaters. Ones in Warwick NY.

We have a drive-in about 20 miles away. Only open in summer though.

Can bring your own refreshments there!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Drive ins make their money from video taping what goes on in the vehicles and then selling those tapes on the Internet or blackmailing more prominent citizens.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Drive ins make their money from video taping what goes on in the vehicles and then selling those tapes on the Internet or blackmailing more prominent citizens.
    I don't think they did this in the 70's.
    At least I hope they didn't.
    I'm sure I have nothing to worry about.

Unhappy Read that ticket !

Before you get uppity about taking your own "snacks" into the theatre, read the very, very, very, small print on the back of that ticket. The legal eagle that wrote it made it real strict. They can boot you for almost anything and they don't even have to give you your money back if they run you out of the place.

All 3 of my boy worked at the same theatre ( at different times of course), it's true ! Hollywood makes the money on the flick and the theatre makes it's money on the consessions. Unfortunately if you boycott the flicks the theatre's go broke and Hollywood simply sell the movies on DVD or Blueray.
    If sense were so common everyone would have it !

All opinions expressed are my own. Any advice provided is based on personal experience, generally accepted fact or publicly available information. As such, it is worth exactly what you paid for it, not a penny more not a penny less !!

theater prices

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    If you believe that...oh my...

one of my largest accounts was General Cinemas b/4 they sold out to AMC.... the word i got from a higher up was that 90% of the ticket prices recieved had to be sent back to Hollywood . Thats why your food prices were through the roof , that is how they survive. our cinema used to pop their corn in the back room every other day and store it in large bags for use at show time . the display cases had heaters in them to make u think u were getting fresh popcorn , when the product u were eating was actually a day or two old....Any how, haven't you guys been watching the news for the reports on how many calories and saturated fat are in a medium popcorn and reg. drink??? Our local news says it's like eating a big mac with 12 pats of butter on it to think of all that free popcorn i ate there most days at lunchtime , for shame. don't tell my doc.
    Last edited by rojacman; 11-21-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: left out a word

A toothbrush works a lot better. Had a home toilet I'd pulled three times, been up on the roof jet rodding the vent. It would work fine, then suddenly act up. Finally figured out there was a toothbrush in the toilet syphon/trap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12