+ Reply to Thread

Thread: workin on a 30GX-136 ecologic

Post Likes

workin on a 30GX-136 ecologic

so i found cir. A empty on gas, did a leak test and found the nylon ring leakin at the external oil filter fitting, and the discharge temp sensor well is leaking at the oil seperator as well as the fitting for the press. transducer, thought at one point the condenser coil was leaking due to my H10 reacting above the compressor on the coil, nice to be able to isolate it, anyway filled the coil up to 250 psi over night and was right on in the morning,( i guess good news for the cust.) observed a milky cloudy substance in the sight glass which we all know what that could mean, i want to dehydrate and install removeable filter cores in the lig. and suction side with iso. valves, where would you guys put them, is the compressor sitting on the outlet side of the evap. barrel?, also fyi this circuit has sat empty for sometime and cust. only running at half capacity, i'm concerned they may have a leak in the barrel but cannot confirm this without doing an eddy current test, would you guys go ahead and quote on an oil change too, poe oil can be nasty and very difficult to clean up, i was going to wait and change the filter cores first and then do a meg test and see where we stand, how would you gods appoarch this and what you advice

Post Likes
    You can change out the liquid line strainer and put in a core drier. Change out the motor cooling drier. Was the system full of water?

Post Likes
    i'm not sure yet if there is water in the system, but it has been sitting open for a minute

Post Likes
    Why do you think the cooler maybe leaking.
    Was the cooler pressure tested at the same time as the condenser if so
    what was the result.
    Would recommend a longer standing pressure test of the cooler rather than
    just overnight this would give a better indication of a whether its leaking or
    not.

Blow out all of the oil from as many points as possible including the
    cooler and compressor, see what comes out if any indication of water it
    may be cheaper and less hassle to change out the cooler rather than
    opening up for a eddy current test and then plugging tubes and then
    drying out the circuit.

If no water and no drop in pressure in the cooler then just treat as moisture
    in system.
    Lots of nitrogen to purge out system, replace all oil filters and drier cores
    then once you are happy with the vacuum reached and your vacuum
    test shows no moisture then add oil. Evacuate and recharge.

Good Luck

G.

Post Likes
    Lots of nitrogen to purge out system, replace all oil filters and drier cores
    then once you are happy with the vacuum reached and your vacuum
    test shows no moisture then add oil. Evacuate and recharge.

Good Luck

G.[/QUOTE]

this is my course of action at this point, i dont believe the tubes are leaking but the milky substance in the sight glass is what worries

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    You can change out the liquid line strainer and put in a core drier. Change out the motor cooling drier. Was the system full of water?
    Agreed. I don't know how you'll get a suction drier on there. Pull an oil sample that'll help with whether you need to change the oil, sounds like you're on the right track. Change the oil filters too.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Post Likes
    thanks, it'll be a fun job, and too be honest i've never done any major repairs to this particular chiller so it'll definitely keep me on my toes

Post Likes
    Changed out a compressor lastnight on a HXC. All you can do is get most of the oil out because there is no way of getting it all. At least your oil seperator has a fitting at the bottom and a heater. Better hope your compressor is good , changing those compressors can be a chore.

Post Likes
    Just a walk in the park for a man of your calibre TGL

Post Likes
    changing those compressors can be a chore.[/QUOTE]

and very expensive

Post Likes
    Na that just a rumor .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in