Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stephy View Post
    Motors and Armatures carries the reference bottle, and pretty much everything else, filters, red balls, tips.....

You can buy a cheap leak detector for what the reference bottle costs ya....

Life is too short to eff with cheap tools.

Quote Originally Posted by roller_steve View Post
    R22 works fine for calibrating, but it obviously isn't used because it's contaminating the atmosphere, while r11 stays put at atmospheric pressure in liquid form. Maybe I'm wrong, but in any case, I would like to get a new r11 vile. Are they readily available?
    Don't know if it's R-11 or not but this is what Bacharach uses for their H-10G.

http://www.centurytool.net/3015_0864.../3015-0864.htm

Just had a guy give me one of these. Haven't used one since the 70s. Thought I might try to put it back to pristine condidtion. Looks like I'll need a reference vial,,,and a new boot for the probe, and probably the 110 volt adapter for this one. The cigarette lighter adapter is in the box. Who has parts and accesories????
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

I know you can get most stuff through Johnstone.

(at least the branch I deal with has taken care of me.)

Tru tec tools sells them but they don't list the accessories, but, I would give them a call also (good people to deal with).

I have used an H-10 for over 25 years. I would estimate that I have refilled that reference bottle 2 or three times. When I see that it is empty, it is sometimes years before I refill it. It is not that critical to have it. It is a convenient way to test the detector, since it is a calibrated leak rate. And I have never heard of R22 being harmful for the H-10. I have used it on R22 many more times than I can recall. Or even estimate. I seem to recall that the pre-R134a versions were not sensitive to HFC refrigerants.

It may help to think of the "large-medium-small" selector switch as a sensitivity "scale selector" switch. I always kept mine in "small", unless I was in an area where there was such a large leak that the detector was overwhelmed to the point that it would not stop clicking rapidly (more like a loud growl), even with the probe pointed away from the unit. Turning it to "large" would decrease the sensitivity to the point that it could be adjusted to slow the clicking.

Just purchased a bacharach h10 pm based on the info found here. It is a new unit and got it for 227$.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12