Need new gas Furnace....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Need new gas Furnace....

Hello....
    I live in Indiana and in need of a New Gas Furnace!!!! I have gotten some prices on Bryant,Trane and Carrier 95% gas furnaces with and w/out Ac units.
    Anyone have any Good/Bad thoughts on these brands

I have 1100 sq ft house with the Ducting running though the slab.....80,000BTU is what I have been quoted!!!!.....

Any Help will be appreciated...Thanks

sounds like my house...u living in my closet?
    anyways....most the pro members here will tell u..Its the quality of the install that makes a good unit. Bad install future problems will arise. Professional clean install and your unit will last and last.

How did they determine size?

I have 1000 sq ft, ducts in the crawl. Really need about 45K but 60K 95% was smallest made in my brand with 2 stage and variable speed blower. I have a manual switch to keep it off high fire. Low at 39K does just fine. High is noisy due to the amount of air the furnace needs to move. I can't fathom putting 80K 95%er in 1100 sq ft. If it could move enough air, it would be LOUD. If it couldn't, it would overheat and possibly lockout or the limit would stick open, both leaving you without heat. We did a 3000 sq ft house today with a 90,000 BTU 95.

Sounds like a bit of an oversize.

Where are you located. Do you have lots of windows.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Watch with sizing because ducts might not handle Cfms on furnace. 80 000 seems likes it over sized in my neck of the woods Alberta where are ambient temps are -35.c so I can only imagine in your area. I would agree with Op. Look at pricing and Branding second and go with gut instinct. Shop Chinease or made in Mexico!
    Do it right the first time.

Goodman is great! Has to be installed properly though. Get prices on goodman GMH and GMV models, both are 2 stage.

Quote Originally Posted by stay gold jonny View Post
    Goodman is great! Has to be installed properly though. Get prices on goodman GMH and GMV models, both are 2 stage.
    Tell me what so good about Goodman besides the name good. Installation is key but products do have different features also. What kind of motor are they using! How quiet are they. What kind of control features. I wouldn't put a goodman in my place!

Yea, it's great to make a 2 stage furnace that can't use a 2 stage stat

Quote Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
    Hello....
    I live in Indiana and in need of a New Gas Furnace!!!! I have gotten some prices on Bryant,Trane and Carrier 95% gas furnaces with and w/out Ac units.
    Anyone have any Good/Bad thoughts on these brands

I have 1100 sq ft house with the Ducting running though the slab.....80,000BTU is what I have been quoted!!!!.....

Any Help will be appreciated...Thanks
    I have put all three brands in. All three are great furnaces and are quality made. Im a Trane guy personally, but if I were you, if there is a Lennox dealer in the area, I would get a quote on a Lennox G71, also a very good and very quiet furnace. Plus it has a DC drive blower, so your using less electric, and qualifys for the tax credit. Just something you may want to think about.

MOVED INTO RESIDENTIAL!

Question

OK.....

I am looking hard at the Bryant Model 355cav042080 95% 80,000 BTU or the Carrier Model 58HDV0801-20 95% 80,000BTU Furnaces......

Any thoughts??????????

Their both oversized.
    Will probably trip on limit. And cause you a lot of no heat situations.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
    OK.....

I am looking hard at the Bryant Model 355cav042080 95% 80,000 BTU or the Carrier Model 58HDV0801-20 95% 80,000BTU Furnaces......

Any thoughts??????????
    I sell Carrier and 3 stages is waiste of money in my opinion, unless you are elderly in 60s where you are effected by slight temperature swings. Go with 2 stage variable, just as good and alittle more efficient in long run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast