+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wham, Bam, CGAM

Post Likes

Wham, Bam, CGAM

Just did a start-up on a new Trane CGAM-120 chiller. Kind of a twi-light zone moment as the fans, flat plate heat exchanger and strainer sure reminded me of an Aquasnap. They even named it a "AquaStream". They are using the CH-530 Tracer controls again so get out your computers and download some more "Binding" information. I will say the start-up did go with out a hitch. I already had to clean the in line strainer as it began plugging up from the dirt in the chilled water loop. That of course is not a problem with the chiller but the existing piping for the building. The entire building is piped in PVC. I tried flushing the coils out and got more dirt out, but time will tell. My question is has anybody else had any experience with these chillers good, bad or indifferent? Thanks-GEO.

Post Likes
    TA!!!!!!DA!!!!!!!!!!
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Post Likes

Wham, Bam, CGAM,Mam

Referteacher, Yep, that's it excecpt mine didn't have any of the whistles and bells. Even the extra options that Trane offers sounds like Carrier's Aquasnap. The pump and tank package is one example.-GEO.

Post Likes
    They look neato. I'd rather see any Trane product with the CH530 installed over an Aquacrap. I wonder if Trane is using microchannel condensers like Carrier and McQ are.

Post Likes
    No, not yet...^

It doesn't look like they are using shell & tube at all for the evap.?
    I guess the p&f's will keep their service guys in business, though haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in