+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: angina/nitroglycerin....~:>

Post Likes
    The nurse from my docs office called today and said things didnt look normal....part of the test isnt back yet but they are thinking coronary artery diesease.

Guess Im going to have to make some changes and I hope there is no hospital stays in my future.

The nurse said something about a heart card ??? scan....said it was something like a cat scan... but I guess she really cant say to much till all the tests have been reviewed and I guess I will be hear all the news when I see my doctor in a couple of weeks for my physical.

Sure hope the probing dont find anything unusual or abnormal.

Funny thing is that I got my doc appointment...where I shot my mouth off about my 2 "spells"..... on Friday the 13th

I even made jokes about people being afraid to go on friday the 13th...

When calling for an appointment a month ago...I couldnt get one... I could just drop in and wait....and would get in eventually...but I wanted a regular expected appointment.

Friday the 13th was the closest date with available slots.....and I took one......lol

what a dumbass......~:>

Post Likes
    Nurse called me back last night and said things are bad...

Some heart tissue is dead, I guess from lack of blood flow.

They are wanting to get me to a cardiologist asap...tuesday or wednesday....and I suppose they are going to go in with a camera or something and look around....then maybe I think I'll need a stent..or something.

Nurse wouldnt say to much, just to take it easy...any pain or headaches or anything...go to emergency room.....

Im sorta scared....I know stents and stuff are fairly commonplace today.... but it really shook me up when she called last night.

I know I have not been a model of healthy living...but I always fiqured I was in pretty decent health... glad I went back to the doctor over this...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    heart tissue is dead, I guess from lack of blood flow.
    dead tissue = necrotic tissue, but
    http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/news/0106/37.htm

With your diagnosis, I hope you don't have to change your lifestyle too much. . .since the heart is the 'prime mover', your max. energy output will probably be less, and your endurance. Climbing ladders and steps may be troublesome, since you're lifting your entire body weight.

Post Likes
    good luck to you corn. suprised a nurse called, not a doctor and give you the information in person. by all means, when you do go for your consult, as previously posted, bring someone with you as a second pair of ears. you WILL NOT HEAR AND UNDERSTAND all that will be thrown at you. really wish you the best, keep us updated, iffen you need someone to talk to, contact me thru pm or email.
    and do not let your imagination run wild, (as it will). your mind will play some horrible tricks.
    waiting for a procedure, or a consult, is the longest way to pass time
    Last edited by heavymetaldad; 11-21-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Post Likes
    i am currently on Atenolol for my little issue http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=407162 Wed i go back to the cardiologist going to see my long term prognosis..who knows maybe a pace maker in 20 yrs. I did that test also with the radioactive dye..rember feeling odd. I was at the time on Metoprolol which does not let your heart beat at a fast rate..i was on that damn treadmill for 20 min at high incline..heart just kept thumping at normal weight..felt like ass afterward though. know your body if you even start to feel a spell coming on..stop doing what u are doing the lawn or that compressor change can wait...death does not.

Post Likes

reply to corny

in laymans terms that is what they tell me happened to my heart (dead tissue) but in their terms refer to it as at least in my case as congestive heart failure. i also was scared to death but just trusted them to get me back on track. i did change cardiologists once but not in hopes of hearing something different it was merely a personality thing. i do get tired much more easily hence i try to take it a little easier but other then that life is still pretty much the same. you may also email or pm me if you would like, be happy to help any way i can. you will be fine but more than likely have to change your tune a little. let us know, sincerely, brian.

Post Likes
    Going in Next Friday for that catherization thing.....more radioactive dye and a camera up my leg artery or something...lol

The doctor... an Indian...and a midget..... said he is going to fix anything he finds along the way....I guess that means stents if neccesary.

I was hoping for pills and a really down and dirty change your lifestyle thing....

Lord I hope it goes ok...

I didnt like the cardiology center I went to... I mean its ok..but I felt more like an assembly line product than anything else.

Ive always realized that to the medical industry today we are all merely return customers......and not patients.... but I swear..I felt like a part of a money machine today....running down the line...putting money in my docs and others pockets.

That doctor ( I guess he is a surgeon ) told me he did three catherizations today....and then returned to the office for consultations.....

Said they were a common medical procedure with a less than 1 percent chance of me dying during the procedure...... :0

Post Likes
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/...cath_risk.html

BTW, it's "dwarf". They don't like to be called midgets.

Try #2 in this search.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...q=f&oq=&aqi=g1

Post Likes
    you're probably getting an angiogram, where they stuff a midget with a 4D cell maglite and a small hammer up the artery in your leg to look around. (it ain't bad, i had one, they knock you out). iffen you need a stent (angioplasty) they'll do it then. they may also do a test that checks the electrical performance of your pump. be prepared to get shaved around both sides of your willy iffen you are antsy prior to the procedure, they'll give you something to take the edge off.
    you really don't want to be on pills. some side effects are worse than the cure.
    as far as paragraph 6, think in these terms, if they were hvac salesmen, they need to sell to eat. same thing here, plus you don't know what's going on in the background (incentives for product sold, paid consultation fees, paid vacations, paid golf club memberships, etc, just like hvac salesmen) you got insurance, they'll keep you coming back
    you have any questions or need someone to talk to, you can contact me........

Post Likes
    I went in last Feb. 17th for the same procedure and they decided I needed a couple of stints. While trying to place the stints they knocked plaque loose and caused me to have a heart attack. Very painfull and I ended up on a pain pump for two days. I now have 1/3rd less heart than I did before, so it don't always go as scheduled.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    they knocked plaque loose and caused me to have a heart attack.
    That pretty well sucks.

With 2/3rds of a functioning heart muscle, how did you have to change your lifestyle?
    Do/can meds help your damaged heart?

I think you're entitled to some money back.

Post Likes
    Heart disease seems to be pretty common for the docs nowadays. I've now had two heart attacks and have 13 stents.

The EKG showed no problems during either heart attack. The most uncomfortable part of the exploratory procedure is having to keep your leg completely still for hours after the procedure. With the stent implants, they went up both groin arteries, so I had to keep both legs motionless for hours after the implants were done. That is hell on the back.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    OK; what are you referring to?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK; what are you referring to?
    "Heart disease seems to be pretty common for the docs nowadays."

What's weird on the graph is, at age ~70, heart disease and cancer seem neck-and-neck, but then cancer deaths drop off but heart disease mortality keeps increasing with age.
    I think the cancer deaths drop off because cancer usually kills earlier than 70. . .? The age at the highest rate for smoking deaths is ~45.

Post Likes
    Boy, if I find out I have cancer, I'll have another heart attack.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Boy, if I find out I have cancer, I'll have another heart attack.
    In that case I won't post a link showing age vs. life expectancy, but I've got ~18 yrs left to make a difference.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    That pretty well sucks.

With 2/3rds of a functioning heart muscle, how did you have to change your lifestyle?
    Do/can meds help your damaged heart?

I think you're entitled to some money back.
    I'm still working and doing most everything as usual. I really can't tell much difference for the most part.

They have added Plavix and a couple of others, I now take 22 pills a day, total.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cjett View Post
    I'm still working and doing most everything as usual. I really can't tell much difference for the most part.

They have added Plavix and a couple of others, I now take 22 pills a day, total.
    I have to take a bunch of meds too. I don't like some of the side affects at all. Mostly, my taste buds are shot. Oh well, maybe it will help me lose weight.

My first heart attack did some real permanent damage to my heart. I can definitely tell the difference in my stamina. My upper body strength is still there, but if I lift something heavy, I will be beat for the next half an hour. A climb up a set of stairs or steep incline also wipes me out.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Last summer, my Dad (age 84) had a triple bypass. Recovery is SLOW. Dad seems to have gained a little more physical strength and endurance than he had before, but his mind is not recovering as quickly as I expected. Short term memory is just not there as it used to be. Does anyone know about this?

Dad drives his car, does the things he used to do a year ago (in moderation as he used to), and generally lives a life of an 80+ person. The doc's said 'Whatever gets you in the end, it will not be your heart'.

He may live to be a centurion (age 100).

Point is; we can survive heart issues.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in