Went to the doc friday and was telling him about a couple of spells I had last month...

Both mowing the yard..... chest got real tight and there was a burning sensation...like I had never experienced....very intense...... didnt go into my arms but my shoulders experienced some discomfort.

First time I blew off as severe indijestion but I was lying to myself because I had never experienced indigestion like that before. I had eaten some very strong onion for supper that night...so that was my excuse.

Second time I had not eaten since lunch and lunch was a single McDonalds McChicken sandwich. Same exact pains....lasted a few minutes and after both times I continued mowing....and feeling no more pain.

After I mentioned having those spells my doc jumped up and made me tell him everything I just mentioned then went to the door and called for an EKG..which turned out OK..... then he scheduled me for a treadmill test tuesday morning....and I gotta go back in 3 weeks...for a physical too....

He mentioned angina.....and gave me a prescription for nitroglycerin.

anyone ever had angina ??? I always thought that was a bad cholesterol related thing and my cholesterol level has always been fine...my doc brags on it every time I get mine checked. Must be the gallon of coffee I flush through my system each day....lol

I was sorta worried about this when those spells happened...but I left my docs office feeling sick... He seemed very concerned about the whole thing...and now Im worried too..

Carrying nitroglycerin.....told me if I have one of those spells again to take one and call 911. Hope it dont come to that.....cause..and Im just an uneducated bumpkin here....I feel like...and hope...that it was only severe indijestion...

I remember my mom having a heart attack years ago and she didnt know she had a heart attack till a day or so after..... her elbows are all that hurt her but she also got sick....when she was taken to the doc it was determined that she had a pretty bad one...

Her heart was badly damaged...she lived 25 years though...many more than the docs said she had.... had a triple bypass...a pacemaker....and then some new fangled thing installed a few years ago that was monitored by the hospital and would deliver shocks via computer or radio or both...

My brother is 54 and has had 2 heart attacks...both of them before age 50....

anyhow.... just throwing that out there..... its really weird... I knew I had to mention it to my doc....but I never expected him to freak out the way he did.

Ive sorta felt sick all weekend...depressed now....

dreading that treadmill test too.....~:>