Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Come on you Trane guys yall are slipping a little bit on this one !!!!
    2 words...OU and CH!!
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

can't find my RTAA class notes on this...but if i remember it right...

RTAA-SB-9, page 10-27

the J3-1 and J3-2 inputs on the compressor module are jumpered because they originally had on oil pressure switch input and it was these 2 inputs but they never went with it. legend has it that trane was going to have the "new" boards (UCP2 style) available for the older UCP1 units (130 tons and larger) and that never happened but they still had all of the old compressor info in the programming.

for the UCP1 units: diagnostic 1A5 is "Oil Flow Control - compressor A" which is where the unit is looking for the open switch at shutdown. it appears that they even moved the old diagnostic codes over to the UCP2 in programming...which begs the question...could you convert a UCP1 control system to a UCP2? it appears that with enough digging you might...but i never told you to do that.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    can't find my RTAA class notes on this...but if i remember it right...

RTAA-SB-9, page 10-27

the J3-1 and J3-2 inputs on the compressor module are jumpered because they originally had on oil pressure switch input and it was these 2 inputs but they never went with it. legend has it that trane was going to have the "new" boards (UCP2 style) available for the older UCP1 units (130 tons and larger) and that never happened but they still had all of the old compressor info in the programming.

for the UCP1 units: diagnostic 1A5 is "Oil Flow Control - compressor A" which is where the unit is looking for the open switch at shutdown. it appears that they even moved the old diagnostic codes over to the UCP2 in programming...which begs the question...could you convert a UCP1 control system to a UCP2? it appears that with enough digging you might...but i never told you to do that.

Funny you mention that Jay, after reading the these threads, I thought the same thing. I've never had anybody screw (no pun intended) around too much with the machine configuration, to where you'd get to that point. I had a 150 ton RTHB think it was a 300 ton, power outage wiped the chiller mod. tripped on alot of crazy faults, before resetting the field-s/u & machine configs. Fun stuff. Good brainstorm on this one.
    Last edited by txhvac; 11-15-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_87 View Post
    You was 100% correct. I give you an adiboy!!!! Thank you so much for you help!!! Configured for 200 ton chiller and chhb compressor.
    txhvac: I had a 150 ton RTHB think it was a 300 ton, power outage wiped the chiller mod. tripped on alot of crazy faults, before resetting the field-s/u & machine configs. Fun stuff. Good brainstorm on this one.

Still can't sleep, thinking about you, Dave. Hope you verified ALL the configuration points AND dip switch settings to make sure they are all set to the right points for the machine you actually have.

Anyway. I don't think anyone said: "Welcome to the club". You brought up a good situation to start and precicely spelled out the problem ( though it took us old-farts a while to recognize that). Hope you keep contributing to our discussions.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Thanks again. Thanks for the welcome and I will be active in the discussions. Maybe even help someone myself or learn more on some crazy fault codes..... By the way Chiller still running good.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    You will never guess..... you have low oil flow ?????
    ur silly as hell graham cracker., haha

If you get in the habit of logging the setpoints and settings in using the log sheet in the IOM, in addition to logging the running info, even the most minute changes to the unit setup jump right out at you once you put it on paper.

There's a spot on there that says "compressor model no. prefix" and "compressor tons"
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

100 % true., great advice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123