Oil to Natural Gas Conversion Burner

We just had a new high-effiicency furnace installed. The old furnace was a oil burner beast from the 50's that the previous home owners had converted to natural gas.

Before the old furnace got taken away I took off the full Conversion Burner assembly which includes the Direct Spark Ignition and Gas Valve. It seemed like a useful piece of equipment and I didnt want to see it end up in the landfill without seeing if I could sell it and someone else could put it to use.

So my question is: Is there any market for these conversion burners and where would I go about trying to sell it? Craigslist? Ebay? Or would a local contractor perhaps buy it from me for use in another installation?

It worked just fine. It was just an extremely inefficient system...and crazy loud!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mj_montana View Post
    It was just an extremely inefficient system...and crazy loud!

Thanks!

the reason you'll end up junking it after you get tired of having it around.

Just throw it away.

Used, no warranty parts are worthless to contractors.

It worked when you removed it. but no way to know if it will last a day, or 20 more years.
    if you aren't willing to BUY NEW replacement parts(which will cost more then what you get for it) for someone if it fails.

Chuck it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

what are you asking for it? i wonder what it would cost to ship it? i have a rental property in Baltimore, Md that I wouldn't mind switching over to natural gas. email me when you get a chance.
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-14-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Removed email address

Quote Originally Posted by monstarr View Post
    what are you asking for it? i wonder what it would cost to ship it? i have a rental property in Baltimore, Md that I wouldn't mind switching over to natural gas. email me when you get a chance.
    Wait till you find out how inefficient those old conversion burners are.
    They drink gas.
    Contractor locator map

then if i wasn't ready to replace the entire boiler what would you recommend? how much would a new conversion burner run me?

then if i wasn't ready to replace the entire boiler what would you recommend? how much would a new conversion burner run me?
    And that would be when we recommend that you call a licensed contractor, as prices and such are not allowed here on the boards.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, Thank You.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.

And new conversion burners are not efficient either. They did gas.

Save your money this year. And get a new boiler next year. A new properly sized boiler. Will probably hold less water. And pay for itself in fuel savings a few years.
    Contractor locator map

I would go with the gas conversion. Spendy but worth it.