carrier 30hxc oil problems????????

i recently moved a 30 hxc that was running fine from alabama to texas after getting it all piped back together. i have t124 and t125 low oil pressure problems on all 3 compressors. comps will run for 10-15 seconds and then kick out. any ideas guys?

Is this a rental, did some body buy used? It almost sounds like you've got the oil valves shut. A1 & A2 are tandum B is by itself. Has to be something common to both circuits, oil pumps working? how about condenser water, what's the temp? I've seen alot of LOW OIL LEVEL trips, due to oil migration. Hope this can help.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

its not a rental a plant closed and moved the gear to the new plant. oil lines are open. tower water was 66 just filled up the tower but the unit has a condenser water reg valve, comps will start and run, therefor i know the unit builds oil pressure.

What does oil pressure build up to? 66 degree tower is pretty darn cold. I am assuming the regulating valve is controlled by the chiller?... and is operating properly? What's you're flow rate thru the condenser? I'm leaning towards cold condenser loop, like I said before, it's got to be something common for all circuits, check & make sure the regulating valve is working. Hope this can help.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Do not make duplicate threads.

I deleted your other one. This is the forum, where you have the best chance of getting help.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If these are semi's may want to reverse rotation, sometimes oil pump will be running backwards.

Smile Carrier 30gxc Oil pressure problems

Quote Originally Posted by djgribbell View Post
    i recently moved a 30 hxc that was running fine from alabama to texas after getting it all piped back together. i have t124 and t125 low oil pressure problems on all 3 compressors. comps will run for 10-15 seconds and then kick out. any ideas guys?
    http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...t/30g,h-7t.pdf

Look at page 47, I've encountered oil pressure problems with these skids ever since they were put on the market...Read these instuctions carefully for the oil pump back procedures, before adding any oil, change the internal & external filters...get the cond. and evap. temps up, run at full load for and hour, check oil tank heaters, calibrate or check press. transducers they start drifting. good luck!

You cant run that machine with 66 degree water going thru the condenser.Design on those machines is 85 in and 95 out.Somehow you need to warm up the water.You can try throttling down the leaving valve temporarily, but you need to have a valve that modulates to control the water temp.I know the software supports an output signal(either 4-20ma or 0-10 vdc) to control such a valve.

are you losing the oil level?do you have a level at start-up?if no level at start up oil can be migrating on shut down due to bad oil solinoid valve.

Quote Originally Posted by superheatrman View Post
    http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...t/30g,h-7t.pdf

Look at page 47, I've encountered oil pressure problems with these skids ever since they were put on the market...Read these instuctions carefully for the oil pump back procedures, before adding any oil, change the internal & external filters...get the cond. and evap. temps up, run at full load for and hour, check oil tank heaters, calibrate or check press. transducers they start drifting. good luck!
    The oil pump back proceedure works well if its tripping on the oil level switch.There are no oil heaters on the HXCs,on the newer hxcs ,the transducers arent calibratable, but certainly a good idea to look at them , however this is consistantly happening on all 3 circuits.Raise the water temp and the problem will probably go away.

phinhead34

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted.