Confused South Florida Trane replacement options

Well, one of the A/C units in our Miami home just died a couple of days ago, and I'm pricing out various options. The air handler for this unit was replaced at some point, but the compressor (the piece that died) is actually an almost 25 year old Trane! So I have the following recommendation for a replacement for this 2.5 ton unit:

Air handler: 4TEE3F39
    Compressor: 4TTR5030E

They didn't specify the thermostat type beyond it being a new "digital" thermostat, but from some reading I am assuming I should be asking for the XL900? I also don't know too much about the air handlers, any feedback on this recommendation? I've received some other quotes for rheem/goodman replacements but based on the price differential it doesn't make much sense to me to go with anything other than this Trane proposal...

Thanks,
    Hot in Miami...

sinastin

a nice system.this is the XR15 mdl Trane recently introduced to take advantage of the fed govt tax credit. If it has one downside, it is noisier than
    the XL15i but this may not matter depending on where it is placed outside your home or your sensitivity to noise.

3430036 Active Systems XR15 TRANE 4TTR5030E1 4TEE3F39A1 29200 13.00 16.00

how do you heat if ever? with a small heat strip?

I would use the HW VP IAQ stat for best humidity control.

IMO
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    sinastin

how do you heat if ever? with a small heat strip?

I would use the HW VP IAQ stat for best humidity control.

IMO
    Good Luck
    Hardly ever use heat, maybe one week a year. Even then, it doesn't get that cold, maybe 60's.

The proposed air handler isn't the "communicating" one, is there any reason I should prefer communicating vs. non-communicating?

Thanks!