+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So its been a while...

Post Likes

So its been a while...

Been a while since I've been here. Kinda slowly stopping logging in as I was starting to lose hope in finding a hvac job.
    To make a long story short. I was able to get a internship at a union shop in south san francisco. I was basicly sent to various jobs to help out and to get a overall view of what type of jobs the shop does.
    The owner/employees began to like me and started to push to get me in the union and get me into service so they can take some pressure off the other techs.
    So I sign up at the union and do very well on the application math test and played the withing game for the largeer aptitude test and seewhere I get placed on the list
    In the mean time I was getting sent around to jobs and finally got a date for the test and it was a week before the internship ended. So my boss was really pushing for me to study and do good on the test so he can hire me.
    So I took the test and was confident I did well on the test and was told the results would be ready in 2 weeks.
    So the internship ended and I was stuck in the office so my boss could keep me working and not lose me.
    1 month later I get the results and I was able to place #1 on the service tech apprenticeship list out of about 30 people
    So here I am 2 weeks later riding along with one of the senior techs learning as much as I can and by the end of the year,
    if not sooner ill get my own van and sent to do maintence and small repair calls.
    So that's basicly what I've been up to since I last logged on... Sorry its a lil long.
    SMW 104

Post Likes
    Congrats.. It's nice to win sometimes. I hope you like the work as it will do well for your future. There's no end to learning in this field. That's the good part.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Congrats.

Post Likes
    Some good news for a change.

Post Likes
    Thanks guys. I was getting worried when I hit the 3rd week of waiting for the test scores.
    Then after a month of waiting I got the letter in the mail a few hours before I was going out of town
    With my girlfriend for a lil weekend getaway and it made my weekend when I seen my place on the list.
    So far I love this job and have no compalints.
    SMW 104

Post Likes
    Bravo Zulu ad welcome to the exciting world of hvac/r. You doing commercial?
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Well done, and keep up your good attitude.

Post Likes
    The "hvac-r veto" is the LT-XL. I have one and they're great.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    I need to start looking into more tools. Hehe...
    Excuse to buy more "toys"
    SMW 104

Post Likes
    I work for primaraly a sheet metal shop but we also do plumbing and hvac.
    We mainly do high end residential remodels and light commerical and govt building remodels.
    We have our hands in many different types of work in our area.
    Last edited by SmallBlockCoupe; 11-12-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    SMW 104

Post Likes
    Found out tomorrow ill get a lil preview of what ill be doing as my main job.
    Ill be doing a couple maintenance's and some "easy" serivce calls on my own.
    SMW 104

Post Likes
    just keep your mouth shut, head down and ears open. Then you may have a shot. May as in might.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in