Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Siebe pneumatic valve

Hello everyone, I am a building engineer and I'm trying to find a wrench to tighten the stem packing nut on a Siebe pneumatic actuted valve. What I need is a deep offset crowfoot wrench. I have not been able to find anything I think will work online. I have not found a website for Siebe either. Does anyone have experience with these? Thanks for looking.

Pneumatic Valve Actuator General Instructions page 3

"Training: Installer must be a Qualified, experienced technician"

Quote Originally Posted by savage24 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a building engineer and I'm trying to find a wrench to tighten the stem packing nut on a Siebe pneumatic actuted valve. What I need is a deep offset crowfoot wrench. I have not been able to find anything I think will work online. I have not found a website for Siebe either. Does anyone have experience with these? Thanks for looking.
    Maybe you should try to call Siebe to see if they have what you need.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by rick james View Post
    Pneumatic Valve Actuator General Instructions page 3

"Training: Installer must be a Qualified, experienced technician"
    Who said I was installing anything?
    Last edited by savage24; 11-11-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Deleted insult per website rules.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Maybe you should try to call Siebe to see if they have what you need.
    That is an excellent suggestion, but I cannot find any contact info for Siebe.

If this is an old system sometimes you have to build one. It's relatively easy to do.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    If this is an old system sometimes you have to build one. It's relatively easy to do.
    Thanks for the response Delta T, I've been considering that as well.

Think deep socket and junk shop or pawn shop. They are typically a dime a dozen at these place in place of paying for a new one.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Barber Colman --> Siebe --> Invensys --> TAC --> Schneider Electric
    http://www.tac.com/us/Navigate?node=8700 - where they are now
    http://www.tac.com/us/Navigate?node=11034 - link to valve data
    Last edited by DaveCR; 11-11-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added more info
    UA LU 562

tool-20-1 knock yourself out

Everybody happy? A tech will be sitting at home tomorrow instead of working because you can just come here and get your questions answered for free without investing any time or effort

Thank You to all who offered polite and constructive responses to my first post on this forum. Looks like I need to get busy making a wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by rick james View Post
    tool-20-1 knock yourself out

Everybody happy? A tech will be sitting at home tomorrow instead of working because you can just come here and get your questions answered for free without investing any time or effort

1. Who Is Welcome Here?

Anyone in the HVAC industry and home or building owners with HVAC/R concerns and other polite and fun people that are willing to contribute. Please feel free to ask any question relating to HVAC, or other topics of general interest except Do-It-Yourself (DIY). At the same time, be polite and respectful in your answers. We welcome questions so please don't be critical of someone's question, or other member's answers.

a. All members must treat other members with respect. Anyone who posts defamatory, insulting or otherwise disrespectful comments toward others will find their posts deleted and possibly their posting privileges suspended or revoked.

b. Any member that becomes belligerent, argumentative, posts smart-ass comments or requires too much attention of the Moderators will lose their posting privileges.

c. Any post or reply that we feel that may cause harm to others or violates any of the site rules will be edited or deleted.

HVAC Pros, please note; home owners are welcome to ask questions here, if you do not wish to be helpful that is fine but do not intimidate, obstruct or criticize those that wish to be more helpful than you. If you do not like a particular thread or topic, do not reply and please move on.

2. Do-It-Yourself (DIY) - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own equipment. This is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted at the discretion of the Moderators.
    ....from the website rules.

I am a Building Engineer with over 10 years of experience (less than 1 in my current building).

I have an Operating Engineer Certification with the city where I work.

I have an Associate degree in Stationary Engineering.

I have an Associate degree in Climate Control Technology.

I have a universal refrigerant certification (I do not currently perform any work that requires it).

I considered making a tool before I ever posted here, but my current workplace does not have a well equipped shop. I thought it would be easier to purchase what I needed if I could find it already made. I am not putting a Tech out of work by tightening a stem packing nut as a Building Engineer, that is my job. I have a Tech coming Friday morning to start winter maintenance on the chillers - that is his job.

that really is the part number for the wrench your looking for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast