+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Merry Christmas from Don and Family

Post Likes

Thumbs up Thanks and Merry X'mas

Don,
    I'm new to the posting thing here on the site. But i've been a reader on the site for along time. I love the site and would like to say thank you for all the work you and everyone does to keep it clean and informative.

I recently posted a very general question about static pressure in ducts and the sizing that goes along with that topic. I guess I got the answer that I thought I would get.
    The manual J and the manual D, was basically the answer I got.

I guess I was trying find out a short cut.

More or less. After we take and load the house with the manual J and have the size of the unit needed and the total cfm. Can we just take the acca ductulator and assume a .08 static for the supply, .05 static for the return and size for rigid duct and come out somewhat to the good?

Or "must" we layout the duct by adding up the total equivalent feet and determine the actual pressure drop for the duct, and then go to the manufacturer specs. for the fan performance and etc....???

Is there a short cut? or would we be cutting the customer short of what they are paying for and not get the performance out of the system that we promised them?

Just looking for some feed back on this matter. Thanks and again Merry Christmas!!!!!

Post Likes

Thumbs up

~~~JOYEUX NOEL A TOUS.~~~

Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

Post Likes

Re: Thanks and Merry X'mas

Originally posted by basics
    Don,
    I'm new to the posting thing here on the site. But i've been a reader on the site for along time. I love the site and would like to say thank you for all the work you and everyone does to keep it clean and informative.

I recently posted a very general question about static pressure in ducts and the sizing that goes along with that topic. I guess I got the answer that I thought I would get.
    The manual J and the manual D, was basically the answer I got.

I guess I was trying find out a short cut.

More or less. After we take and load the house with the manual J and have the size of the unit needed and the total cfm. Can we just take the acca ductulator and assume a .08 static for the supply, .05 static for the return and size for rigid duct and come out somewhat to the good?

Or "must" we layout the duct by adding up the total equivalent feet and determine the actual pressure drop for the duct, and then go to the manufacturer specs. for the fan performance and etc....???

Is there a short cut? or would we be cutting the customer short of what they are paying for and not get the performance out of the system that we promised them?

Just looking for some feed back on this matter. Thanks and again Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Manual J, D, & S you should already have and if you don't, get them.

You don't have a profile so what do you know about hvac?

Start a new thread

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gerryboy00
    ~~~JOYEUX NOEL A TOUS.~~~

YEAH! What Gerry said...

He didn't call me a name there, did he?

Post Likes
    Hope you have a great holiday season, I am surprised this went 6 pages and Dice hasn't hijacked it.

Post Likes

Talking Hijacked........

Who me? I want to know who the hell turned it into a manual J discussion, that is really bad, even for you guys.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Merry Christmas to all on this board and a spectial thanks and a VER MERRY to you Don and your family for all the dedication to this Board and all of our antics.

Post Likes
    Don, hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday. Keep it safe till the 2nd of January. That goes for everyone else here as well.

Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Thank you everyone! We have had a great Christmas, very traditional, everyone healthy and that is a bit unusual with my two children and my two elderly parents.

My parents have been here, will be taking the train home today.

We had a bit of a surprise on Tuesday, about 9:00 PM Lucie said there was a "funny noise" coming from the furnace room. I went to check and the water was streaming from the gas hot water tank! Floor was wet as were some of the christmas presents hidden there but the floor drain was doing the job it was designed for and damage was minimal.

I called a plumbing company we had used here a couple of times, a real nice father and son and nephew business that had been here only two weeks before, as well as previously, replacing a kitchen sink drain. We had to take the door off the furnace room and empty it out, including a huge four drawer filing cabinet, full. My good ol' hard working Dad was right in his element!

Plumber showed up the next day, the day before Christmas, with a new tank and did the switchover, a few small problems but he solved them and we had hot water again! As we preach here on this site, frequently, it is great to have established a relationship with a good company before the inevitable emergency occurs.

We had planned to take my parents out to the cottage which has been a winter wonderland up until now. Unfortunately it has rained here and then turned cold so all the snow has turned to treacherous ice, so we decided to skip can that plan. Old folks on ice, not a happy situation

We have watched a lot of hockey, played a lot of cards and I have done a little work on the HVAC-Talk computer while it has been quiet. Actually, a lot of work, but most of it was done in advance. On Christmas day I switched the HVAC-Talk site to a new computer, my Christmas present to us all, a server with dual Xeon 2.8 MHz processors, 1 Gig of RAM and a 15,000 RPM SCSI hard drive. The last one was a Pentium IV 2.4 Mhz, but was struggling to keep up on busy nights. I was forced to delete old threads in order to trim the database down to keep up. I would prefer to keep about 400 days worth of stuff, so you always have this season, and the one before it.

So, that's my Christmas, a nice family one, and you guys are all part of it!

and now a Happy New Year to you all!

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Post Likes

Exclamation

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Keep it safe till the 2nd of January. That goes for everyone else here as well.
    Then party recklessly like everyone else did the week before.

Happy New Year, to all of you.

Post Likes

Don, I'm alittle slow at wishing you a Merry Christmas but I'll stick in a Happy New Year now before I get sidetracked again. I really appreciate this site and all the work you put into it.
    If every a...... could do this,I wouldn't have a job...

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    The new computer is really doing the job Don as long as my connection is not too slow as it is on busy nights

Post Likes
    Don, you can install them things yourself, if ya get stuck, just ask us, we love to help DIY's ya know?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    dual Xeon 2.8 MHz processors, 1 Gig of RAM and a 15,000 RPM SCSI hard drive. The last one was a Pentium IV 2.4 Mhz,
    That must be Italian your speaking Glad to hear it's fixed. Have a happy and safe New Year. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this site.
    Not what it use to be

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in