Dilemma with locating PVC air intake for condensing furnace

I am having a new Carrier 58MVC80 installed to replace my conventional chimney exhaust furnace located in my basement. They are going to run new PVC thru the adjacent basement wall.

The problem is that I am planning on extending my deck to cover the same area they will need to place the exhaust. There are limited options in the basement for placing the exhaust due to the layout.

I know they cannot have the intake/exhaust under the deck, but is it OK to extend those PVC pipes by 10 feet from the wall of the house and vent on the outside of the deck? Or is it OK to run a 90 degree elbow once the PVC exits the wall and run the vent pipe down parallel to the wall so they terminate beyond the deck?

Thanks in advance!!

You should discuss the venting options with your installer. There are several factors that will impact running the vents as you propose, talk to your installer.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

2nd opinion

Quote Originally Posted by heaterman View Post
    You should discuss the venting options with your installer. There are several factors that will impact running the vents as you propose, talk to your installer.
    Yes - I am planning on discussing it with the installer, but he's slow getting back to me and I was hoping to get some expert advice here on this site if that's OK with you.

I think what Heaterman was trying to say is, that its hard to say what can and cannot be done in your circumstance. When he said "get with your installer" it is because the installer will have the installation instructions with the equipment they are putting in and in those instructions it will have specifications on venting procedures. So depending on what your circumstances are, and what the instructions say what can and cannot be done, being able to give you a definative answer to your situation is next to impossible to do from this end of the interweb.
    Quoted by "bmathews"

"Just call somebody out. Nobody on here can fix it from over the computer."

Quote Originally Posted by FastMJ View Post
    Yes - I am planning on discussing it with the installer, but he's slow getting back to me and I was hoping to get some expert advice here on this site if that's OK with you.

Anything you would like to do is fine with me (insert ANY suggestion here). I could run down all of the variables for you but in the end you would be in the same position you are at present. Yes, it is possible to vent your new furnace in one of the ways you propose but since I (nor anyone else here) is physically looking at your job and the vent table for your particular furnace, guess you will have to ask you installer.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM